Windows 10: Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools?

Discus and support Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I read Win10 tutorials about uninstallation of previously installed programs then they always refer to the dialog "Apps & features" to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Jul 22, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools?

When I read Win10 tutorials about uninstallation of previously installed programs then they always refer to the dialog "Apps & features" to uninstall them.

I wonder whether it is possible to uninstall the same programs as well with the well known (old) Win7 uninstaller tools like Reve Uninstaller, HiBit Uninstaller, NirSoft UninstallView,.....

Are the Uninstall Feature exactly the same?

In other words: Can I use the old Uninstaller tools as well in Win10 or does deinstallation of an App in Win10 require more management than under old Win7?

Thank you
    Peter

:)

pstein, Jul 22, 2019
  2. WacoJohn Win User

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools? [​IMG]

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools? [​IMG]

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Jul 22, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools? - Similar Threads - Uninstall Apps features

2. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  3. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  4. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10

Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10: Would there be any problems if i uninstall apps (example: groove music, people, skype) and features (example: windows media player) in win10 ? Anyone done this ? 180280
  6. control panel>apps&features>uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel>apps&features>uninstall: A web site "Taste of Home, recipe finder" appears in my apps and features and does not uninstall. When uninstall is selected a message appears "wait until current uninstall is completed". I began trying to uninstall this app/site two weeks and nothing but that same message...
  7. Uninstallable Python 3.7.1 in Apps & features

Uninstallable Python 3.7.1 in Apps & features: Windows 1909 Build 18363.476 I have Python 3.7.1 listed as an installed app in Settings -> Apps & features. It does NOT show in Control Panel's Programs and Features. Furthermore, it is uninstallable. [img] There's no registry key for it in...
  8. App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall: [ATTACH] "World of Tanks" showed up one day. I think I deleted the directory manually. Now it's hanging around making me uncomfortable in Apps & Features, and who knows where else. When I click Uninstall, I end up with the above error. How do I kill this thing?...
  9. Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools?

Uninstall in "Apps & features" = Uninstall through other Win tools?: When I read Win10 tutorials about uninstallation of previously installed programs then they always refer to the dialog "Apps & features" to uninstall them. I wonder whether it is possible to uninstall the same programs as well with the well known (old) Win7 uninstaller tools...
  10. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...