Windows 10: Uninstall issue: Windows cannot find C: drive file

Discus and support Uninstall issue: Windows cannot find C: drive file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I am trying to uninstall/remove a game file from my PC, which is still reading it as installed despite having removed the file previously.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CourtneyMcQueen, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Uninstall issue: Windows cannot find C: drive file

Hi there,

I am trying to uninstall/remove a game file from my PC, which is still reading it as installed despite having removed the file previously.

I am under storage -> apps & features.

When I try to select uninstall, an error message appears: Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\EAInstaller\Jedi Fallen Order\Cleanup.exe'.

My PC is still registering the space as unavailable despite having already removed the game files from my C: drive.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

CourtneyMcQueen, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Oct 7, 2020
  3. little cat, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

Uninstall issue: Windows cannot find C: drive file

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Uninstall issue: Windows cannot find C: drive file ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Uninstall issue: Windows cannot find C: drive file

1. Uninstall issue: Windows cannot find C: drive file - Similar Threads - Uninstall issue cannot

2. I have the one drive picture folder issue but cannot find the missing c drive files anywhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the one drive picture folder issue but cannot find the missing c drive files anywhere.: I have the one drive picture folder issue but I cannot find where all my old pictures are! when I try and change the picures default from onedrive back to c drive pictures it says that that folder does not exist 'do you want to create it'. which makes it look like ALL my old...
  3. windows cannot find C:/Program files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot find C:/Program files...: so I just uninstalled and reinstalled epic games like 4 times and every time it says "windows can't find C:/Program files.." and so on, I check my actual files and I find what windows cannot....
  4. windows cannot find C:/Program files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find C:/Program files...: so I just uninstalled and reinstalled epic games like 4 times and every time it says "windows can't find C:/Program files.." and so on, I check my actual files and I find what windows cannot....
  5. I cannot delete/find a file on my C drive Windows cannot find 'C:\EFT\Uninstall.exe'. Make...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot delete/find a file on my C drive Windows cannot find 'C:\EFT\Uninstall.exe'. Make...: I have a file on my SSD and I can't find it to delete it. Windows shows its taking up space as shown in the attached screen shot. When I click uninstall that message appears. I have tried searching it in file and I cannot find it either. Its an old game I deleted. Can anyone...
  6. I cannot delete/find a file on my C drive Windows cannot find 'C:\EFT\Uninstall.exe'. Make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete/find a file on my C drive Windows cannot find 'C:\EFT\Uninstall.exe'. Make...: I have a file on my SSD and I can't find it to delete it. Windows shows its taking up space as shown in the attached screen shot. When I click uninstall that message appears. I have tried searching it in file and I cannot find it either. Its an old game I deleted. Can anyone...
  7. I cannot delete/find a file on my C drive Windows cannot find 'C:\EFT\Uninstall.exe'. Make...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to resolve this? Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\" issue

How to resolve this? Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\" issue: I've been using Ubuntu for several months without any problems. The month of March rolled in and I think something happened with one of the automated Windows updates to cause the following issue. I am no longer able to open Ubuntu by clicking on the icon and I'm wary of...
  9. windows cannot find c:\program files\

windows cannot find c:\program files\: Hi, I logged in the other day and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...' Everything was working fine prior to the update however now I can't open alot of stuff. I'm kind of at a loss about what to do to get...
  10. windows cannot find c:\program files\

windows cannot find c:\program files\: Hi, I've logged in today and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...' Everything was working fine yesterday and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I'm kind of at a loss about what to do to get this working...