Windows 10: Uninstall Local User Program

Discus and support Uninstall Local User Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several programs that I have installed on my work laptop just for my user account (not system-wide) and now I cannot uninstall them without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by willclein, Jan 7, 2020.

1. willclein Win User

Uninstall Local User Program

I have several programs that I have installed on my work laptop just for my user account (not system-wide) and now I cannot uninstall them without admin privileges. I'm wondering if there is a way to uninstall them without having to put in a request with my IT department.

I'm a little confused because Windows was perfectly happy to let me install the programs just for my user account, but now won't let me uninstall those same programs without admin rights. I realize that it might be just as fast to get IT to do it, but for my own edification I would like to understand why this is a one-way street.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Windows Version 1709 Build 16299.1565

:)

willclein, Jan 7, 2020

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 7, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall Local User Program :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 7, 2020
  4. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Uninstall Local User Program - Similar Threads - Uninstall Local User

2. UNinstall program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNinstall program: Cant uninstall my net bean 8.1 program screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-program/7bbd4db6-b375-4480-943b-c057b0192719
  3. Program Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Uninstall: Hello,I have installed a program, but as I was uninstalling it, it opened the app. Due to this, I used Ashampoo Uninstaller 12 to uninstall it. The app was uninstalled, but in the control panel's "uninstall a program" tab, the app was still showing. Image below :-...
  4. Uninstalling programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling programs: I downloaded an app called Epic Games because I wanted to try game developing through Unreal Engine. Now I have it installed for more than a month and didn't even touch it. I want to delete the app but it won't let me. When trying to delete, it says the program is still...
  5. Uninstall programs from a deleted user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall programs from a deleted user: I am trying to uninstall some programs I found while looking through my storage settings, but because they were installed on my sons account which I promptly deleted when he got his own computer, when I try to uninstall them I get this error code: Windows cannot find...
  6. Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home: I'm setting up a laptop for my kids. It's running Windows 10 Home. I am the administrator and there are three local accounts for the kids. Is there a way to install programs on my administrator account that they can all use them? When I installed office I had to activate...
  7. run a program as local admin without the user knowing

in Windows 10 Customization
    run a program as local admin without the user knowing: Good afternoon! I have an application that requires local admin rights to run. However, I don't want to give blanket local admin rights to the end users running the app. Is there a good way to RunAs for only this application without the end user being aware of the privilege...
  8. Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs: Recently bought this computer second-hand, happy with it otherwise but there's something peculiar going on with the user accounts. - When uninstalling programs I get a warning that "there are other users logged in" so the program won't uninstall correctly. - My account...
  9. Program will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program will not uninstall: I have found the program Carbonite (a cloud backup app) really slows down my computer. Yet when I attempt to uninstall it, nothing happens. I have tried the uninstall in settings as well as control panel. The program is occupying disc space yet I cannot open it. I am...
  10. Uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall a program: How do I delete an old printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program/290ecc1f-4d57-4907-8150-c5a1c625f4bf