Windows 10: Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode)

Discus and support Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have here a brand new Lenovo Ideapad D330 (intended for an old lady) that has Windows 10 S v1803 preinstalled - and 10S is on purpose! Part of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anacunga, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Anacunga Win User

Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode)

I have here a brand new Lenovo Ideapad D330 (intended for an old lady) that has Windows 10 S v1803 preinstalled - and 10S is on purpose!

Part of the preinstallation is McAfee LiveSafe (using at least 886 MB on disk - cf. settings/programs).

As Windows 10S mode has to be kept the question now is: how to uninstall it!

Here is a link to another discussion how to uninstall it on Windows 10 (not S mode).

But that does not help - as the speciality of windows 10S mode is to only have the allowance and possibility to run apps from the app store - and here this security has to be kept!!

The problem with McAfee LiveSave is that it is not compatible with Windows 10S mode: if you want to run and use it you mandatorily have to leave 10S mode forever (or until next complete reinstallation of entire windows itself) - what is NOT INTENDED here.

But hey - isn't there the way of also uninstall it by the official way through settings/programs? ... Nice try, but if you try that (from settings/programs) you run into the same problem - as C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe has to be run to uninstall it - and this is also not an app from the app store.

Another thing is that McAfee is NOT supporting Windows 10S mode ...

So as McAfee LiveSafe cannot be used with win10S: how to uninstall it without leaving 10S-Mode??????

Btw: manually remove all components (including registry parts etc.) would be a possibility - but what files, what folders, what registry keys have to be deleted for that?

Or is there a possibility to remove (or not keep) McAfee LiveSafe along with the Windows 1903 upgrade?

:)

Anacunga, Dec 8, 2019

2. uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

Having trouble uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe. Followed instructions provided by McAfee, but it did not good. HELP PLEASE

CharlesSterling1, Dec 8, 2019
  3. FYFI13 Win User
    FYFI13, Dec 8, 2019
  4. lpatrick Win User

McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product other than McAfee LiveSafe? Lastly, is it best to use Windows Defender by itself?

I asked a very similar question some time ago and honestly did not clearly understand the advice.

Thank you.

lpatrick, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode) - Similar Threads - Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  4. Windows 10s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10s mode: Hi I recently got a hp laptop witch came with windows 10s I switch out 10s mode but I need to return the laptop to the store if I reset factory settings will it put me back in 10s mode ....
  5. cant uninstall candy crush, twitter, mcafee bloatware from windows 10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant uninstall candy crush, twitter, mcafee bloatware from windows 10s: tried everything cannot access register etc.... help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-candy-crush-twitter-mcafee/e7781aee-3e0a-4389-b96f-6d98aec2ef43
  6. DoD CAC use in Windows 10S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DoD CAC use in Windows 10S mode: is there a way to install DoD certs and ActivClient on Surface running Windows 10 in S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dod-cac-use-in-windows-10s-mode/8d938463-e563-4d4a-a4e8-4a9c9a99bf2e"
  7. uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstall McAfee LiveSafe: Having trouble uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe. Followed instructions provided by McAfee, but it did not good. HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mcafee-livesafe/ce1ac8a6-d2a8-45a9-832b-228e2e50c121"
  8. Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go: Hi Y'all, I just picked up a Surface Go and despite being fully updated I can't get explorer to go dark when Dark Mode is activated. Running 1803 Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.: new ASUS, vivo book. came with 10s. on the "switch out of 10 s" page in the store, the GET button is not there. How do I proceed? ***Modified Title from: Windows 10 s***...
  10. Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode: having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store. ***Modified...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying toload mcafee antivirus and computerwants to leave S mode