Windows 10: uninstall - microsoft new and mixed reality

Discus and support uninstall - microsoft new and mixed reality in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; These apps have no business being on a Enterprise machine and i cant even uninstall them via powershell. So Microsoft how do i uninstall this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GavinLT, Apr 9, 2019.

1. GavinLT Win User

uninstall - microsoft new and mixed reality

These apps have no business being on a Enterprise machine and i cant even uninstall them via powershell.

So Microsoft how do i uninstall this ANNOYING, UNPROFESSIONAL BLOATWARE?

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFA, Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CFA)
    error 0x80070032: AppX Deployment Remove operation on package Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun_10.0.17134.1_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy from: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun_cw5n1h2txyewy
    failed. This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis. An administrator can attempt to remove the app from the computer using Turn Windows Features on or off. However, it may not be possible to
    uninstall the app.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 3cdba6c0-eede-0003-6ec5-db3cdeeed401 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 3cdba6c0-eede-0003-6ec5-db3cdeeed401
    At line:1 char:59
    + ... xPackage *Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun* | Remove-AppxPackage
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Windo...l_cw5n1h2txyewy:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

:)

GavinLT, Apr 9, 2019

2. What is "Mixed Reality Portal" ? Can I remove it?

Hi,

For us to provide the best solution to your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal?
    • What steps have you done so far?
    If you're trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal, let's try uninstalling it thru the Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Mixed reality.
    • Select Uninstall on the left pane.
    • Click Uninstall.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Mixed reality portal can not open but headsets working fine

Thank you for updating us. We've already tried multiple troubleshooting steps and the same issue still persists. In this case, let's run the
    Windows Mixed Reality PC Check. This app is the best way to make sure your PC is ready to run Windows
    Mixed Reality. Also, we have to make sure that we are currently using the latest Windows build and version.

For more info, refer to this article: Minimum PC hardware guidelines.

Once the required specification met, we suggest to uninstall and re-install the Windows Mixed Reality.

To uninstall:

• Select Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Mixed reality, then select Uninstall.

Make sure to disconnect your headset from your PC and close Mixed Reality Portal before uninstalling. To install it, go to Microsoft Store and download the Windows Mixed Reality.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Apr 9, 2019
  4. LAC47 Win User

How can I uninstall Mixed Reality Viewer and Mixed Reality Portal?

This does not work! Like so much of this crap that we older users don't want or need, Microsoft forces it on us but it's not listed in the "programs and features" list in control panel, and "uninstall" is set so it won't work in the apps section. I am sick
    and tired of dealing with Microsoft and it's pushiness. Give us a way to uninstall all this garbage that we don't use and slows everything down. I just want to do my genealogy on Ancestry, and use email, Facebook, Microsoft Word, and WordPerfect. I don't
    need all this over the top technology! If it weren't for my Word and WordPerfect software, I wouldn't still be with Microsoft and am getting closer every day to ditching everything Microsoft.

LAC47, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. uninstall - microsoft new and mixed reality - Similar Threads - uninstall microsoft mixed

2. uninstall via powershell - microsoft new and mixed reality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall via powershell - microsoft new and mixed reality: These apps have no business being on a Enterprise machine and i cant even uninstall them via powershell. So Microsoft how do i uninstall this ANNOYING, UNPROFESSIONAL BLOATWARE? PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun* |...
  3. New Microsoft Maquette prototyping tool for mixed reality VR

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Maquette prototyping tool for mixed reality VR: Microsoft is working on a new way to prototype ideas in VR. Microsoft Maquette is a mixed reality tool for creating immersive prototypes using a PC VR headset. Read more: Microsoft Maquette Beta Home Release notes: Release Notes Microsoft Maquette Beta 120684
  4. Mixed reality uninstalation

Mixed reality uninstalation: please make the aditional apps as mixed reality and others optional many of these apps are obsolote for majority off people. Its nuts to force users to have them even when they dont want them and for the record i have contacted your support twice without any luck uninstalling...
  5. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  6. Microsoft Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mixed Reality: I have a Surface Studio with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, i7 CPU. However, my Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset will not work with the Studio. Setup is completed without errors and the headset is supposedly ready however there is no video output to the headset! I have the...
  7. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  8. Microsoft mixed reality commercial use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft mixed reality commercial use: I would like to use a Microsoft mixed reality HMD and compatible software in a commercial VR arcade environment, what licensing etc will I need to achieve this?...
  9. Uninstall and Reset Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall and Reset Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10: How to: Uninstall and Reset Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 How to Uninstall and Reset Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and interact. If...
  10. Mixed Reality at Microsoft - February update

in Windows 10 News
    Mixed Reality at Microsoft - February update: Microsoft HoloLens comes to Singapore and United Arab Emirates as HP, Honeywell, and Trimble showcase momentum for mixed reality. It’s hard to believe that 2018 is almost two months old! Speaking on behalf of everyone on the mixed reality team at Microsoft, we are excited...