Windows 10: Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App

Discus and support Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys!I just noticed the Xbox APP for Windows 10, when you select to uninstall from the app any game, it removes from the App, but inside the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeLoSPFC, Sep 10, 2021.

1. LeLoSPFC Win User

Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App

Hello guys!I just noticed the Xbox APP for Windows 10, when you select to uninstall from the app any game, it removes from the App, but inside the Windows App folder, the game is still there! and if you try to download the game from the Xbox App again, instead of download again, it instantly download the whole game and it's ready to play!And the folder WindowsApp you don't have access to anything, I changed and I have access inside that folder....but I can't delete these game folders.!!Any idea what to do?

:)

LeLoSPFC, Sep 10, 2021

2. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App - Similar Threads - Uninstall deleting game

2. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  3. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  4. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app: Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app. I was looking to make room for different games, as I'm uninstalling games from the xbox app I'm watching my storage and it...
  6. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app: Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app. I was looking to make room for different games, as I'm uninstalling games from the xbox app I'm watching my storage and it...
  7. Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?: I got gamepass and its given me nothing but headaches, Games get stuck downloading and uninstalling, vanishing onto my drives with no way of deleting them.I try to uninstall a game after no luck of it launching Control and it just stays stuck on UNINSTALLING.Now ive lost 60...
  8. Xbox Game Pass Games for PC Not Uninstalling

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass Games for PC Not Uninstalling: I had downloaded several games from the Microsoft Store Game Pass on PC and I did not see any change in the storage space and that I tried everything besides restoring my PC since I had 181 GB available, but now I only have 41 GB available and was wondering where the game...
  9. Xbox Game App - WindowsApps Folder - Games do not delete, cannot transfer no rights WORST...

Xbox Game App - WindowsApps Folder - Games do not delete, cannot transfer no rights WORST...: Ok so this is a major complaint and plea for Microsoft to fix their product as I can see through many searches that this issue is not new. I have been fairly furious dealing with this BS application and especially the WindowsApps Folder...I only noticed this as I deleted a...
  10. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps: How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...