Windows 10: uninstall not happening

Discus and support uninstall not happening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been playing the new MSFS2020 recently and a large part of the experience for me is an associated program called Flight Simulator Economy. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Notsomuch, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Notsomuch Win User

uninstall not happening

I have been playing the new MSFS2020 recently and a large part of the experience for me is an associated program called Flight Simulator Economy. In order for FSE to work I must use a small program called Simconnect. This handles communication between the FSE server and FS2020. Simconnect was working well until several days ago when it updated as part of the boot routine. Ever since then it hasn't worked at all. I have tried various things and also re-entered my password several times. Nothing helps. So I finally decided to uninstall Simconnect and then re-install. When I attempt to uninstall Simconnect I get an error which appears to say it can't be uninstalled because it isn't there. It was there and working fine until the update so it must still be there. I appreciate any help I can get. Here is the error code:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 10.0.18362.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000

System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.4240.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

clr.dll : 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

dfdll.dll : 4.8.4240.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

dfshim.dll : 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

IDENTITIES

Deployment Identity : FSEconomy.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=110e3500b3fd2937, processorArchitecture=x86

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Error occurred during store lookup, component store may have been corrupted. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Application is not installed.

* Error occurred during uninstall of the application. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Application is not installed.

* Exception occurred during uninstall of application FSEconomy.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=110e3500b3fd2937, processorArchitecture=x86. Following failure messages were detected:

+ ARP entry 479eda5b2a2f8b79 does not exist.

+ Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [9/13/2020 10:34:35 AM] : Looking up information from component store.

* [9/13/2020 10:34:35 AM] : Uninstall of application FSEconomy.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=110e3500b3fd2937, processorArchitecture=x86 did not succeed.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [9/13/2020 10:34:35 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)

- Application is not installed.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckInstalled(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckInstalledAndShellVisible(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.MaintainSubscriptionInternal(String textualSubId)

* [9/13/2020 10:34:35 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)

- Application is not installed.

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckInstalled(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.UninstallSubscription(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.MaintainSubscriptionInternal(String textualSubId)

* [9/13/2020 10:34:35 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (InvalidARPEntry)

- ARP entry 479eda5b2a2f8b79 does not exist.

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveArpEntry(DefinitionIdentity subId)

at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState subState)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.ArgumentException

- Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.

- Source: mscorlib

- Stack trace:

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKeyTree(String subkey, Boolean throwOnMissingSubKey)

at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveArpEntry(DefinitionIdentity subId)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

P.S. There are a large number of FSE players and they all use Simconnect and its working fine for them.

:)

Notsomuch, Sep 14, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused uninstall not happening :confused:

oli_ramsay, Sep 14, 2020
  3. can't uninstall KB3132372

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting error while uninstalling KB3132372.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What is error message / error code you are getting
      uninstalling KB3132372?
    • What happens when you try to uninstall KB3132372?
    I would suggest you to uninstall the update from Programs & Features and check.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ X key
    • Select Programs & Features
    • Click on View Installed Updates
    • Select the update > Click Uninstall

Please update us with the required information. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 14, 2020
  4. uninstall not happening

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

uninstall not happening

1. uninstall not happening - Similar Threads - uninstall happening

2. What happens to files designated "always keep on this device" if I turn off or uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to files designated "always keep on this device" if I turn off or uninstall...: Will folders that I have designated "always keep on this device" still be on my device if I uninstall or turn off One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-to-files-designated-always-keep-on/b6259e7c-8e45-4893-be00-cff8f0ee33cb
  3. What happens to files designated "always keep on this device" if I turn off or uninstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to files designated "always keep on this device" if I turn off or uninstall...: Will folders that I have designated "always keep on this device" still be on my device if I uninstall or turn off One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-to-files-designated-always-keep-on/b6259e7c-8e45-4893-be00-cff8f0ee33cb
  4. what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...

what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...: will i lose all sound on my device or will i just lose the features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-uninstall-realtek-audio-driver/3286e3d3-e3e4-42c5-8a9c-e119c5c9ea6a
  5. what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...: will i lose all sound on my device or will i just lose the features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-uninstall-realtek-audio-driver/3286e3d3-e3e4-42c5-8a9c-e119c5c9ea6a
  6. what happens if i uninstall "Realtek Audio Driver" from "Apps & Features" or "Programs and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. what happens if i uninstall these drivers? will my computer stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happens if i uninstall these drivers? will my computer stop working?: what happens if i uninstall my processer driver, disk drives, firmware drivers, sensors or any other driver listed here? will my computer stop working or will windows reinstall the drivers after i reboot my computer.is there any way to restrict/ block access to device manager...
  8. what happens if i uninstall these drivers? will my computer stop working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what happens if i uninstall these drivers? will my computer stop working?: what happens if i uninstall my processer driver, disk drives, firmware drivers, sensors or any other driver listed here? will my computer stop working or will windows reinstall the drivers after i reboot my computer.is there any way to restrict/ block access to device manager...
  9. what happens if i uninstall these drivers? will my computer stop working?

10. If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows don’t install them again??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows don’t install them again??: If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows doses not install them again?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-uninstall-my-drivers-what-happens-if-windows/9ef9598b-1996-4f9c-be71-2be588d1e807