Windows 10: Uninstall not working on Groove Music

Discus and support Uninstall not working on Groove Music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just noticed Groove Music today and opened it. I then closed it and within minutes my husband was emailed a bill ! I am newly married and have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tori52, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Tori52 Win User

Uninstall not working on Groove Music

I just noticed Groove Music today and opened it. I then closed it and within minutes my husband was emailed a bill ! I am newly married and have no idea how Microsoft got that email ! Also do not use Groove and will never use it as I have always used for years my own Music iTunes. I tried following several links to disable and uninstall the app but the Groove app has a default to be the Music main default, a helper from MS told me how to change that and to go to Setting to Uninstall however Uninstall is grayed out and not working ! Would appreciate your help for seniors over 70 to not have to worry about these types of things !

:)

Tori52, Sep 19, 2018

2. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Josipa Win User
    Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Uninstall not working on Groove Music

Groove Music is NOT working.

Hi Dima Julia,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

Before proceeding, we would appreciate if you provide few answers to us in order to narrow down the issue.

• Did you make any changes to the Groove music app prior to the issue?
    • Since when you are facing this issue?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on setting option in Groove music app.
    • Click on Choose where we look for music on this PC.
    • And create a path and check.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Uninstall not working on Groove Music

1. Uninstall not working on Groove Music - Similar Threads - Uninstall working Groove

2. Uninstall Groove Music app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Groove Music app: how do i remove it forever? ***Original title: i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-groove-music-app/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  3. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  4. groove music doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    groove music doesnt work: when i try to edit music in groove i get this message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-doesnt-work/7952dd26-45e4-45a3-9392-f24519a39d86
  5. Groove Music not working

Groove Music not working: Hello Community, I have a puzzling question. I'm running Windows 10, and for some strange reason, Groove Music works in my wife's account, but not mine. My account is the main account. I've tried everything to get it to work, to no avail. Can anyone help with this matter??...
  6. EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?: Hi I set my music to be played by windows media player, but it keeps being redirected to groove music player after i play it one time in widows media player. how can i either uninstall or disable Groove Music altogether? Thanks PS, Anyone know the Product Code for Groove...
  7. Groove Music dont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Groove Music dont work: today i brought a windos 10 laptop.But groove music dosent open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-work/20d10958-1e86-4e6e-af26-c1b418faff2e
  8. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  9. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  10. uninstall Groove music on Windows 10 Mobile

uninstall Groove music on Windows 10 Mobile: Hi, is there a way to uninstall Groove music on Windows 10 Mobile - I want to reinstall it because it crashes randomly while playing music. Thanks, 48075