Windows 10: Uninstall OneDrive.

Discus and support Uninstall OneDrive. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I performed a Test Install a few days ago to get ready for a Clean Install in a couple of days, BUT, I must admit that I was lazy, and in order to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Black, May 4, 2021.

1. Uninstall OneDrive.

I performed a Test Install a few days ago to get ready for a Clean Install in a couple of days, BUT, I must admit that I was lazy, and in order to Uninstall OneDrive, I only ran . . . Code: taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue Bearing that in mind, I have put the following Batch Script together [ with info where needed ] ready to use on my actual Clean Install. Unfortunately, I can NOT test it. Maybe someone could look at it please and tell me if I have excluded anything important, or included anything that is NOT required. Code: @Echo off setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion set "params=%*" cd /d "%~dp0" && ( if exist "%Temp%\getadmin.vbs" del "%Temp%\getadmin.vbs") && fsutil dirty query %systemdrive% 1>nul 2>nul || ( echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) : UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/k cd ""%~sdp0"" && %~s0 %params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%Temp%\getadmin.vbs" && "%Temp%\getadmin.vbs" && Exit /b) %windir%\system32\reg.exe query "HKU\S-1-5-19" 1>nul 2>nul || ( echo. & echo ERROR: This Batch file MUST be run in an ELEVATED cmd prompt [ Administrator ] & echo. & echo Right-click the Batch file and click ^<Run as Administrator^>. & echo. & echo ^>Press ANY key to EXIT . . . & pause >nul & Exit ) set x86="%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe" set x64="%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe" echo. & echo Processing [ Uninstalling OneDrive ] . . . taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe >nul 2>&1 ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >nul 2>&1 if exist %x64% ( %x64% /uninstall ) else ( %x86% /uninstall ) ping 127.0.0.1 -n 8 >nul 2>&1 :: >>> Uninstall OneDrive <<< rmdir "%UserProfile%\OneDrive" /q /s >nul 2>&1 rmdir "C:\OneDriveTemp" /q /s >nul 2>&1 rmdir "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /q /s >nul 2>&1 rmdir "%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive" /q /s >nul 2>&1 :: >>> Remove OneDrive from Win Explorer [ Left-Hand Side Panel ] <<< :: This belongs to OneDrive reg delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f >nul 2>&1 reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f >nul 2>&1 :: This belongs to Win 10 reg delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f >nul 2>&1 reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f >nul 2>&1 echo Processing Complete. echo. & echo ^>Press ANY key to EXIT . . . & pause >nul & Exit [1] I am pretty sure that this will survive a Reboot, but obviously I can NOT test it. [2] This should also remove OneDrive from the right-click File Explorer dropdown menu on This PC for example. Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, May 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 4, 2021
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, May 4, 2021
  4. Uninstall OneDrive.

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall OneDrive. :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Uninstall OneDrive.

1. Uninstall OneDrive. - Similar Threads - Uninstall OneDrive

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  5. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  6. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

7. How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive: How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-all-onedrive-files-to-my-pc-and-then/167d819e-85a5-4634-8eed-2dcd6c56bb7b
  8. How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive

How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive: How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-all-onedrive-files-to-my-pc-and-then/167d819e-85a5-4634-8eed-2dcd6c56bb7b
  9. OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?: OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?I don't need OneDrive and it's doing strange things with duplicate folder names having different content....
  10. OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?

OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?: OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?I don't need OneDrive and it's doing strange things with duplicate folder names having different content....