Windows 10: uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10

Discus and support uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 home. I bought this device but noticed that there is BitLocker. It should only be for Windows 10 pro. How can I uninstall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulPChou, Apr 1, 2021.

1. PaulPChou Win User

uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 home. I bought this device but noticed that there is BitLocker. It should only be for Windows 10 pro. How can I uninstall BitLocker? I disabled it via services.msc but do not know if it is temporarily or forever.

:)

PaulPChou, Apr 1, 2021

2. How to disable Bitlocker?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category
    to Large Icons/Small Icons.

3. Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
    Turn BitLocker Off.

4. Follow on screen instructions. Click on
    Decrypt the Drive
    when the message appears.

I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 1, 2021
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - uninstall disable BitLocker

2. BitLocker Loading Forever

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Loading Forever: I'm trying to Encrypt a USB stick with BitLocker, and after putting in my desired password and choosing how much to encrypt, it starts encrypting. However this encryption has been loading for 8 hours now, stuck at 99.5%. I have tried force-removing the USB stick from the PC,...
  3. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete: Hi,Recently my C Drive partition got space full so i tried to to add some space to it through other patriations but it was bitlocked. I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.Of note, the overall size of my HDD is about 1 TB. and as for C drive its...
  4. Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking'

Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking': Hi Guys,I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 with a Bitlocker encrypted system drive. Recently Windows 10 displayed a notification coloured red instead of the usual blue indicating some kind of storage related error I didn't note the exact text unfortunately. Shortly after when trying...
  5. How to disable windows update forever?

How to disable windows update forever?: Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to disable windows update because it is restarting my pc without alert....
  6. Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10

Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10: Hey there, I was intending to install ubuntu on my PC, but to do this, I have to disable bitlocker encryption. I tried to decrypt it from the settings, and all I get was this: [ATTACH] If you had the same problem and was able to solve it, please share the solution, or...
  7. Win10 disable updates forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 disable updates forever: Hello, For planning support of oldest production lines technologies are required prepare more VM virtual machines one VM for one production line. Due compatibility and still working application are strongly recommended to disable win10 updates. How can be possible to...
  8. How to disable BitLocker in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable BitLocker in Windows 10?: BitLocker is not allowing me to install other necessary things in my Laptop Dell Inspiron 3576WINDOWS VERSION-HOME . I never activated it but now a unlocked lock sign is apperaing on the top of all of my drives I read on the internet and the sign represents that drive has...
  9. uninstall Dolby Access forever

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall Dolby Access forever: I want to uninstall Dolby Access forever. When I click to uninstall Dolby Access, it gets back after booting. It downloads again from the Microsoft Store on its own....
  10. Disable Office ClickTorun forever

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable Office ClickTorun forever: Dear all, I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the whole connection. How to disable OfficeClickTorun.exe please? Best Regards, 106109