Windows 10: uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

Discus and support uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnH1742, Mar 21, 2020.

1. JohnH1742 Win User

uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A PROGRAMME. All goes well I hit the uninstall button when up pops a message saying ' Please wait until the current program has finished uninstalling or being changed.'

I have also tried uninstalling on APPS & FEATURES. Here when I right click on a programme & press uninstall up pops a message headed WINDOWS INSTALLER stating Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, then try installing this software again.

As an older, less computer savy user, I would appreciate any help I can bet to resolve this. Thanks.

:)

JohnH1742, Mar 21, 2020

2. Control Panel uninstall a programme

Turboyourpc is not listed when I try to use the control panel to uninstall programmes.

It is listed in all apps but right button click and selecting uninstall does not seem to work.

Any advice gratefully received

PeterMooreBSD, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Unable to uninstall an app

First of all, I haven't tried any troubleshoot steps.

I tried to uninstall it at control panel.

Now, from the list of programmes at the control panel, the app has disappeared (I don't know if it has uninstalled) but the folder of the app is still on the start menu app list.

How do I delete the folder from the list of apps on the start menu.

Thank you.

DanielAnkamah Mensah, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Billt4G Win User

Uninstalled programmes

Is there any way to list recently uninstalled programmes?

I'm using Windows 10 Home 1709

Billt4G, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc - Similar Threads - uninstall programmes software

2. Programm does not disappear after uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programm does not disappear after uninstall: I recently installed MikTex 2.9 on my pc, but since I use another app, I decided to uninstall it.Despite I uninstalled "successfully" the program it is still there in the program list. If I try to uninstall it again it gives me an error. Appears the MikTex console and asks me...
  3. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  4. Restoring data lost with uninstalled programme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring data lost with uninstalled programme: Hi there, due to some safety concerns I wanted to see if it was possible to recover using onedrive or so on to restore concent to do with uninstalled programmes mainly data relating to an opera uninstall, in which the delete personal data option was selected from February...
  5. My Windows apps are not running and I'm unable to uninstall a programme.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows apps are not running and I'm unable to uninstall a programme.: Hello Everyone, After installing an antivirus software in my windows 10 my pc is not responding and all the apps are not opening and is showing some error code in a dialogue box. I'm also unable to uninstall a programme ,play a game and my search bar for Windows is also not...
  6. Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme

Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme: I have read this thread. I want to uninstall the Edge update that automatically installed last night. I do NOT want to uninstall EDGE. My current version with this update is 81.0.416.81 64 bit. All my Favourites have reverted to a list I haven't used since the Internet...
  7. Important files uninstalled, etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Important files uninstalled, etc.: I posted one of these before, but for some reason I can't sign into Feedback Hub. Anyway, the problem I'm currently having is either I or the computer may have uninstalled some important files for the device to function properly. I'm noticing issues like, having errors when I...
  8. Software uninstall

Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  9. Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...: I'm trying to update windows but it's asking me to uninstall Avast which I believed I took off my system some time ago. It doesn't show up anywhere on my PC. How can I bypass this or remove the remnants of Avast? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Admin Center - Uninstall Apps and Software

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Admin Center - Uninstall Apps and Software: How to: Windows Admin Center - Uninstall Apps and Software The easiest method to uninstall an app in Windows 10 is to right click it in Start Menu, and select Uninstall. However, sometimes this option is not available. In screenshot XBox Game Bar app, with no uninstall...