Windows 10: Uninstall programs from a deleted user

Discus and support Uninstall programs from a deleted user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall some programs I found while looking through my storage settings, but because they were installed on my sons account which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ayden B, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Ayden B Win User

Uninstall programs from a deleted user

I am trying to uninstall some programs I found while looking through my storage settings, but because they were installed on my sons account which I promptly deleted when he got his own computer, when I try to uninstall them I get this error code:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\user\sons_account NL\Steam\steam.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I have tried using install/uninstall troubleshooters, i have searched my system for this file, i have even redownloaded the steam client to try uninstalling from there, but even it thought that these apps weren't on my computer, but then why are they taking a combined 50GB of storage space on my hard drive? Would appreciate some advice on the matter.

:)

Ayden B, Feb 3, 2021

2. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Uninstall programs from a deleted user

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Uninstall programs from a deleted user

1. Uninstall programs from a deleted user - Similar Threads - Uninstall programs deleted

2. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete uninstalled program in start menu.: I have uninstalled MySQL, but it is still showing folder in my start menu. There are items in the folder without icons. And when i click on it nothing happens. I have deleted all mysql folders in ProgramFiles, Programdata, Programfilex86 as well as in the start menus/programs...
  3. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete uninstalled program in start menu.: I have uninstalled MySQL, but it is still showing folder in my start menu. There are items in the folder without icons. And when i click on it nothing happens. I have deleted all mysql folders in ProgramFiles, Programdata, Programfilex86 as well as in the start menus/programs...
  4. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uninstalling a deleted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling a deleted program: I can't seem to uninstall an app i downloaded, this may be because I deleted it. Because ever since I did I have not been able to uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-deleted-program/fac20ac4-b13c-4457-9087-978edd0a3df2
  6. uninstall program from other deleted drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall program from other deleted drive: i have the same problem with a guy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-invalid-drive-e/bf2926cc-1797-4bc1-95a5-d2685a98a8b1i have an ssd wich was cutted in half and was C: with win and D: with games and i put the command subst D: C:\ as it was...
  7. Uninstall Local User Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Local User Program: I have several programs that I have installed on my work laptop just for my user account (not system-wide) and now I cannot uninstall them without admin privileges. I'm wondering if there is a way to uninstall them without having to put in a request with my IT department....
  8. Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs: Recently bought this computer second-hand, happy with it otherwise but there's something peculiar going on with the user accounts. - When uninstalling programs I get a warning that "there are other users logged in" so the program won't uninstall correctly. - My account...
  9. uninstall, remove or delete program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall, remove or delete program: I have an App "HDHomeRun" that shows up in my list of Apps. When I right click/uninstall it takes me to "Programs and Features"/"Uninstall or Change Program", the app is not listed to choose. The App does not work. I tried to reinstall, but I get a notice a File Not Found...
  10. Unable to delete uninstalled program

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete uninstalled program: hi, I've been researching for a day to trying resolve this issue and cant seem to find a fix. I have tried deleting the files through Regedit and still having issues. I uninstalled autocad 360, but for some reason its still showing up under devices and drivers as well...