Windows 10: Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus)

Discus and support Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to write a batch file to find antivirus installed on Windows 7,8,10. The need is like the project is trying to change firewall rules as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amarjeet Sharma - CDAC, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus)

I am trying to write a batch file to find antivirus installed on Windows 7,8,10.

The need is like the project is trying to change firewall rules as per requirement for client machines.

The clients who are windows machines should have a firewall configured with certain rules.

I get the error as the firewall is managed by antivirus software. To uninstall I have written the following:

@echo off

setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

set "i=0"

for /F "delims=" %%f in ('wmic /node:localhost /namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 path AntiVirusProduct Get DisplayName ^| findstr /V /B /C:displayName ^| findstr /V /R /C:"^[ ]*$"') do (

set arr[!i!]=%%f

set /a "i+=1"

)

set arr

set "len=!i!"

set "i=1"

:loop

echo !arr[%i%]!

wmic product where "description='!arr[%i%]'" uninstall

set /a "i+=1"

if %i% neq %len% (

goto:loop

)

endlocal

But this is not working.

Can somebody help me how to do it(for any antivirus)?

:)

Amarjeet Sharma - CDAC, Mar 7, 2019
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Mar 7, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus) :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus)

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus)

1. Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus) - Similar Threads - Uninstall programs using

2. Deleting files using a batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files using a batch file: I created a batch file using AI to delete files older than 3 months from a specific folder but the code I received does not work:. Files are dated in DD/MM/YYYY format in the folder.@echo offset "folder=C:\Users\CC\Documents\0Temp"set "cutoffdate="for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/"...
  3. Deleting files using a batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files using a batch file: I created a batch file using AI to delete files older than 3 months from a specific folder but the code I received does not work:. Files are dated in DD/MM/YYYY format in the folder.@echo offset "folder=C:\Users\CC\Documents\0Temp"set "cutoffdate="for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/"...
  4. Restart a specific program with a batch file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart a specific program with a batch file: I have to restart Windows Audio Device graph multiple times a day to the point that I just want to map a button on my stream deck to end the task. Is there a way to create a shortcut to end the task? I've tried taskkill /f /im audiodg.exe but that was unsuccessful. Any ideas?...
  5. Malwarebytes as main Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes as main Antivirus: I have a lifetime subscription to Malwarebytes and recently got a new laptop with Windows 10. I transferred the license and Malwarebytes registered as the Antivirus, shutting off Windows Defender. I'm not sure if I like this behaviour. Can, or should I run both, or use...
  6. cant uninstall antivirus program

cant uninstall antivirus program: i have a free AVG antivirus program instaled and now i have purchased another and want to install it but i am not able to uninstall this AVG program...
  7. Uninstall antivirus

Uninstall antivirus: how do i uninstall my antivirus in win 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/uninstall-antivirus/8a442bc0-fa5c-46e9-8db9-69404e879348"
  8. Start a program from a batch file

Start a program from a batch file: I'm trying to create a batch file that should - call another batch file - start a program and then wait for the program to close - call another batch file My goal with this is to work around an issue in Windows 10 where the screensaver won't work when I have my game...
  9. Start a program from a batch file

Start a program from a batch file: 4 Apps of mine run a batch file that -tries- to call/start and EXE program. These Batch files need to work with OS XP thru Win 10. Win 10 has a pop-up window asking user if its okay to run/execute my EXE. No other Win version does this and thus I suspect a timing problem....
  10. Batch file start program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file start program minimized: Here's a little script to make a backup of 2 directories: Code: ::can't copy Opera data while Opera is running taskkill /im opera.exe robocopy c:\all e:\Bobback\All /mir robocopy c:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming e:\Bobback\Roaming /mir ::restart Opera minimized start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall program in windows using batch file

2. how to uninstall a program using batch files

3. unistall program by a bat file

4. bat file uninstall program,
  5. uninstall a program batch file ,
  6. windows 10 batch file to uninstall program,
  7. uninstall program using batch file in windows