Windows 10: Uninstall/Re-install Issues possibly registry problems

Discus and support Uninstall/Re-install Issues possibly registry problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I use Autocad daily and yesterday tried to install Autodesk's CFD program. Unfortunately it was very buggy and gave a few error messages about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clintdiggydog, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Uninstall/Re-install Issues possibly registry problems

Hi all, I use Autocad daily and yesterday tried to install Autodesk's CFD program. Unfortunately it was very buggy and gave a few error messages about activation/product keys. After attempting to uninstall and reinstall I found that it wouldn't let me. Apparently my computer thinks it is still installed, but I can't find the files for it anywhere in my drive. I've seen several people recommend the Microsoft fix-it tool, but I have Windows 10, so that is not an option for me. I've also had an issue in Autocad where data links for Excel do not work, a common registry issue. I don't know enough about computers to edit the registry manually I've seen several warnings for non-advanced users. Any help is much appreciated.

Specs: IntelR Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design 16GB RAM 500GB SSD

:)

Clintdiggydog, Aug 18, 2020

2. Crysis - install/uninstall problem

Well I had given Crysis to my brother last May for his birthday. Installed well and he played it, no problems there.

Now he came to play it again and he told me "it isn't working".
    I went to install it for him (he said he couldn't), and I couldn't neither install nor uninstall. The Install option was unselectable. And if I tried to uninstall I got the message of a missing file (don't remember exact message).

Apparently he had accidentally deleted some Crysis file, and that is why he can't install/uninstall. I came to this conclusion because the game still shows up under Installed Programs in the Control Panel (and I can't uninstall it neither from there).

I further deleted his saved games and the Crysis folder and files in Program Files, but still this didn't solve the problem.

Does anyone know what I can do to get his game working again? I suspect I have to delete some registry entries (I did that once in the case of Oblivion) but I need to know which registry entries they are, because I don't want to accidentally delete something else and ruin his games for the holidays!

Thanks!
    *Toast :toast:

Black Panther, Aug 26, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstall/Re-install Issues possibly registry problems :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Uninstall/Re-install Issues possibly registry problems

Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Uninstall/Re-install Issues possibly registry problems

1. Uninstall/Re-install Issues possibly registry problems - Similar Threads - Uninstall install Issues

2. Is it possible to re-install afunix.sys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to re-install afunix.sys?: I've installed a custom, modified Windows 10 iso that apparently removed afunix.sys because the authors thought it was bloat. Well, now I'm trying to use an application that requires them, so I was wondering if there's a way to install that driver specifically. I don't want...
  3. Is it possible to re-install afunix.sys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to re-install afunix.sys?: I've installed a custom, modified Windows 10 iso that apparently removed afunix.sys because the authors thought it was bloat. Well, now I'm trying to use an application that requires them, so I was wondering if there's a way to install that driver specifically. I don't want...
  4. Is it possible to re-install afunix.sys?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Re-install webcamera that was uninstalled by mistake.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-install webcamera that was uninstalled by mistake.: My built-in camera USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam from AsusZenBookUX305 stopped working so following some steps with the help assistant, I have uninstalled my camera by mistake. How can I reinstall it back ? Thank you in advance!...
  6. Uninstall and re-install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall and re-install: I keep getting the following message when I boot up. The file 'C:Program Files x86\driver support\svc/install.log ... I guess I've got to uninstall that file and then reinstall it. Don't know how to and don't even know where to find the file......Help?......Mick...
  7. re-install registry log.txt (audio divice)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    re-install registry log.txt (audio divice): re-install registry log.txt (audio divice) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-registry-logtxt-audio-divice/30c0b2ef-3d5d-48f6-8641-09e9f64e2bd8
  8. Windows uninstall and re-install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows uninstall and re-install: Hi, my daughter bought a lenovo 120S-11iap ideapad with only 32GB of eMMC memory. I have tried to upgrade the internal memory with an SSD hard drive but found that there is no M2 socket to connect it to, despite what it says in the Lenovo manual. I took this up with Lenovo...
  9. possible registry corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    possible registry corruption: Hi, so today I installed a trial version of Vegas video editing software. I tried it out and, it wasn't what I was expecting so I immediately uninstalled it. After uninstalling it I saw all the files still in my C drive so I went and did a system restore. Unfortunately it got...
  10. Re-Install after Uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Install after Uninstall: After installing Win 10 I found 2 apps that would not execute under Win 10. I uninstalled Win 10 using the provided re-install Win 7. I have solved the problem with the apps and I would like to re-install Win 10. How do I receive the invitation to install Win 10 again, or is...