Windows 10: Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files

Discus and support Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MacAfee is unable to install their product on my computer due to a corrupt file in Windows 10 o/s. I need to uninstall W/10 without losing any of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hard Shell designer, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files

MacAfee is unable to install their product on my computer due to a corrupt file in Windows 10 o/s. I need to uninstall W/10 without losing any of my files, then re-install W/10 with all files intact. I am not sure how to do this safely.

:)

Hard Shell designer, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2019
  3. jamida Win User
    Reinstalling windows 10 w/o losing apps

My windows 10 machine is having issues with the optical drive and HDMI port and I think my best course of action is to re-install windows 10. THIS question is about that process.

This machine has windows 10 installed as an upgrade from windows 7, so during that process all my existing apps survived. I would like to be able to "reinstall" windows 10 w/o deleting all my other apps, just 'refresh" the OS in a manner largely (I assume) analogous to how the original Win7->Win10 upgrade went. Is this possible? And if so, pointers?

I still have the option to roll back to Windows 7, so plan B might be to do that and then re-apply the Win10 upgrade. However, I might have installed a few apps since the original upgrade so I'd like to know if "plan-B" would also delete those apps (restoring me to the apps I had when I last ran Win7).

(Note, I stupidly neglected to active the restore point system after installing Win10, so rolling back is unfortunately not an option for me.)

Thanks

Mike

jamida, Oct 11, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files

1. Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files - Similar Threads - Uninstall reinstall losing

2. Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...: I use my Windows 7 computer whenever possible, ie, not at work.To wait 15 minutes for the Windows 7 disk to grind thru files whenever I power on or wake from sleep is ridiculous.Looking at Linux and Mac....
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc.: Morning all, As stated in the title, I need to reinstall Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2 (OS build 19042.906) such that my data and apps are not destroyed. I have searched the forum and found two related tutorials: Reinstall Windows 10 with this media and Repair Install...
  4. windows 10 microsoft mail s-l-o-w to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 microsoft mail s-l-o-w to load: been going on for about a month now when click on my inbox, sent box or whatever it says "nothing has arrived yet." This is the mail and calendar version with outlook that came with my Dell Computer, I have another email address syncing in this program also. Takes a...
  5. S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(: Trying to debug my workstation issues at work and really needing some help. Really s-l-o-w working with Autodesk inventor 2020 working with files on our server but some localized issues, too, that I'm thinking may be affecting that. With Inventor files that used to take a...
  6. Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?: My situation: A) I need to reinstall windows 10. B) I never purchased a copy of Windows 10, but rather updated from a (legal, purchased) copy of windows 7. C) I no longer have the disc or documentation for the copy of windows 7 I purchased (lost in a house move years ago)....
  7. Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?: And is it possible without a usb? submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9a2ve/is_it_possible_to_reinstall_windows_10_without/
  8. Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?: All of a sudden, my computer is running so S-L-O-W? For example . . . In my Yahoo Mail, most messages won't open at all. And in my Movies, nothing will start? I did check my WiFi strength, and that's OK. Local stuff, like pictures are fine. But, if I have to go to the...
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk: I replaced hard drive and don't have a recovery disk. How can I reinstall Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-on-new-hard-drive-wo-recovery/403a8967-753c-460d-9899-1cfce2f30cbc
  10. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...