Windows 10: uninstall remote desktop connection on windows 10

Discus and support uninstall remote desktop connection on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my remote desktop connection has suddenly stopped working on windows 10. 1) how does one uninstall and reinstall it in windows 10? I've searched on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by neuronetv, Feb 21, 2016.

1. neuronetv Win User

uninstall remote desktop connection on windows 10

my remote desktop connection has suddenly stopped working on windows 10.
    1) how does one uninstall and reinstall it in windows 10? I've searched on google but can't find a solution (that works) anywhere.
    2) are there any (free) alternatives to windows' own remote desktop connection?
    I use RD to connect to virtualbox guests on my LAN and that's all I need it for. Thanks for any help.

:)

neuronetv, Feb 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Can someone please tell me how to find Remote Desktop in windows 10 ?

I did find the remote desktop connection in the app store , but when I try to open it crashes immediately

Ahollister-Texas, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    I recently found that I can no longer connect to my HP notebook from other computers on the private network even though I know the credentials to be correct.

Thank you for giving us the edition of your Windows 10. Since you have Windows 10 Pro, your other computers should be able to remotely access your HP computer using Remote Desktop Connection. An issue with the settings of Remote Desktop Connection on your
    HP computer can be the reason why you're unable to connect remotely to this device. Remote Desktop Connection is a feature that is only available with the Pro versions of Windows. We have a dedicated forum that handles concerns about Remote Desktop Connection.
    It is best that you post your Remote Desktop Connection concern in our Remote Desktop clients TechNet forum. The community members
    there can properly assist you on how to resolve the remote connection issue.

Best regards.

Argel Obm, Feb 21, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

What are the error messages you get? What do you mean with "remote desktop has stopped working"?

5. neuronetv Win User
    "This computer can't connect to the remote computer.
    Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator."

neuronetv, Feb 21, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    That usually means one of the two things:

• The incoming remote connections are not enabled on remote host, the machine you are trying to connect to
      -- OR --
    • The remote host is not available in network
    Check that your VirtualBox guests (remote hosts) are set to accept incoming remote connections, and that they are visible / available in your network.

7. neuronetv Win User
    thanks for your response. There is nothing wrong with the remote machine i'm trying to connect to. It's on the network and ready for incoming connections. If I use another windows machine on the same LAN it can connect to the remote machine no problem. The problem lies with the windows 10 machine but the failure message gives no clue as to why it can't connect.

neuronetv, Feb 21, 2016
  8. wyldman68 Win User

Have you tried using the IP address of the computer to remote to. Could be the DNS is not updating on the Windows 10 machine.

wyldman68, Feb 21, 2016
  9. neuronetv Win User
    yes I only ever use the ip address when trying to connect to the remote machine, and it always works fine from a different windows computer on the same LAN.

neuronetv, Feb 21, 2016
  10. wyldman68 Win User
    Can you ping the PC that you cannot Remote into? Check your Firewall and see if Remote Desktop is blocked? The free alternatives are TeamViewer and VNC.

wyldman68, Feb 21, 2016
  11. neuronetv Win User
    yes I can ping the remote machine. The remote machine is a command-line-only server, there's no gui so teamviewer can't be used. I've checked the windows 10 firewall and made sure remote desktop is enabled but still it won't work. It's hopeless. I also tried vnc but that doesn't work either, I don't think vnc is designed to work with virtualbox guests.
    I think the only thing I can do is uninstall and re-install remote desktop but as yet I can't find any way to do that.

neuronetv, Feb 22, 2016
  12. On the windows 10 box, are you using a local account or a Microsoft account? If you're using a Microsoft account, switch to a local account and see if that will make a difference.

play2mefish, Feb 22, 2016
  13. neuronetv Win User

I'm using a local account

neuronetv, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. uninstall remote desktop connection on windows 10 - Similar Threads - uninstall remote desktop

2. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  4. remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote desktop connection: Hello --- I just installed a norton360 I had on the computer Norton Security and now with N360 I can seem to access that computer using the "remote desktop connection" tool ---- that OS is WIn10/Pro which supports remote access Is there a way to tell if the ports used...
  5. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  6. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connections: I'm wondering if you can use an IP address to connect to a remote desktop regardless if both systems are on the same LAN or not? Using the full pc DNS name is working but acting differently when using an IP address. I thought you could......
  7. Remote DeskTop Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote DeskTop Connection: I‘m trying to connect remote desktop win7 with my win10 PC. But I find there is no password entry box. I've no idea how to continue. Is there a good solution? Thanks for attention.[ATTACH]...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...
  10. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10: How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...