Windows 10: Uninstall/Remove all the garbage from W10 Pro x64

Discus and support Uninstall/Remove all the garbage from W10 Pro x64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running 10 Pro x64 on a machine with an i3 2120 @ 3.3GHz, 8GB DDR3 and a 300GB WD HLHX 10k RPM raptor drive. Also have NVIDIA Quardo NVS 420 video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10userNYC, Nov 7, 2016.

1. 10userNYC Win User

Uninstall/Remove all the garbage from W10 Pro x64

I'm running 10 Pro x64 on a machine with an i3 2120 @ 3.3GHz, 8GB DDR3 and a 300GB WD HLHX 10k RPM raptor drive. Also have NVIDIA Quardo NVS 420 video card with 3x Dell 1908FP monitors hooked up. Nothing crazy in terms of hardware but should be MORE THAN ENOUGH to run W10 Pro x64. This is not an OEM OS install, it is MSDN 10 Pro image. For other add-on software I have Nvidia graphics drivers (Version 341.92), Office Pro Plus 2013 (full install), Fire Fox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Sublime Text, Notepad++, VMware (CIP, Remote Console, Converter, vSphere Client), VNC viewer+server, WinSCP, Nuance PDF software, LSI MegaRaid MSM, 7-zip, Adobe Flash player and Auslogics Disk Defrag. That's it. (have a few other things like Cygwin & Putty that I forgot)

Again, nothing crazy and 10 Pro x64 should run fine. But it doesn't. It is so bad I need to make a change. Short term I'm debating between Linux (Ubuntu) or going back to 8.1 Pro x64 --and long term I'll probably go to OSX and dump MSFT everywhere I can except for VMs.

What can I do to trim down 10 Pro and get rid of all the crap/bloatware so it behaves like a traditional/old-school Windows OS? I have no control. Everything just keeps coming back, popping up or crashing. This is a work machine. I do my web browsing from a VM. There are no viruses, malware, etc. it is a very new/clean OS install. I want to get rid of Cortana, the store, the "life at a glance" thing, the apps & games that keep coming back, I want control over updates, I'd like to remove Windows Defender, the stupid stuff like alarm clock, people, calendar, camera, groove music, maps, mail, Edge, store, etc.

My experience with 10-pro is so bad it may be my last Windows OS. I've searched for many months and all I seem to find is pissing contests where threads get out of control because people find 'hack' ways to remove things which leads to other issues in the OS. I'm not looking to do that. I'm looking for a thin, clean, minimal ISO image or a way to build one. I'll gladly pay for another license to give it a shot. What can be done to remove the crap from 10? Thanks.

:)

10userNYC, Nov 7, 2016
  2. SteveTrx Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install

I was told that a W10 license would probably have to be purchased. I was running W8.1 Pro x64 and performed the auto update to W10 Pro x64 and I ended up having to do a clean install.

SteveTrx, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

OK Andre just to clarify ... I have both W7 Ultimate X86 & X64 so I will be given W10 Pro, either X86 or X64 as a new OS, and both X86 & X64 W10 Pro come with language packs which are free of charge? Thank you.

westcoast01orig, Nov 7, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

In Settings >> Privacy, turn everything off, especially the Background Apps, except those you know you definitely need.

In Services, disable Windows Update. If you stay informed of critical and monthly Updates, change Windows Update to Manual when you allocate the time and resources to update.

I use a third-party security and firewall. It allows me to prevent specific Windows operations from engaging the internet, after they have done so and left their marks.

I like to think my system is significantly less encumbered. No need to grind my teeth looking for ways to uninstall this or that. A bunch of stuff do sit in memory doing nothing. An acceptable cost of doing business?

pyramid10, Nov 8, 2016
  5. anticeon Win User
    Thats why I use Windows 10 LTSB no bloatware everything is traditional Apps

anticeon, Nov 8, 2016
  6. 10userNYC Win User
    Thanks. I have LTSB ISOs (and Enterprise) however had read that LTSB was not intended for general release to the community. Is that still the case? Perhaps I should give it another chance and look into the differences in the OS'es. Hate to sound like an old curmudgeon... but I'm interested in using a PC as a tool, not a toy or for the 'experience'. Thanks again.

10userNYC, Nov 8, 2016
  7. Keager Win User
    there is a way to remove all the bloatware that Microsoft installed via power shell. There are some that cannot be uninstalled, there are some that you shouldn't uninstall that will cause Win 10 not even to boot up.

Of course I cannot find the file now that I created otherwise I'd post it up...

Keager, Nov 15, 2016
  8. Uninstall/Remove all the garbage from W10 Pro x64

Those "apps" aren't going to cause any bloat or performance issues. They are pathetically small in size.

What type of issues are you having? I have an HTPC with almost identical specs, except I am using an SSD. It performs very well, considering it is just an i3.

DeaconFrost, Nov 15, 2016
  9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

+1

There's a lot you can do but before you take any drastic measures it would be wise to know why that system isn't performing as it should.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstall/Remove all the garbage from W10 Pro x64 - Similar Threads - Uninstall Remove garbage

2. STOP WITH ALL THE GARBAGE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP WITH ALL THE GARBAGE: No microsoft, i dont want you to update whenever you feel like it and then change my account details like display name, browser preferences after i told you no, etc. no not everyone has quality internet, some of us have satellite. thanks for locking me out of MY PC because...
  3. W10 Pro x64 new install

W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  4. Random BSODs and freezes on W10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs and freezes on W10 Pro x64: I have to write this AGAIN so I'll just shorten it: had W8, W7 twice and W10, all of them with BSODs and freezes. ZIP is here Attachment 53275 (2 months with Win 8, one year with the first w7 install and one year with the second, using w10 since day one) BSODs used to be...
  5. Rebooted from bugcheck, W10/pro x64

Rebooted from bugcheck, W10/pro x64: This is something new. I figured it was a reboot from an OS update. But when I checked my update settings, I have notify for update, not automatic update set. My event log said there was a reboot from a bugcheck about 1130pm last night (while the PC was unattended). My PC...
  6. pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64

pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64: For some reason PdaNet is causing a BSOD when the process crashes. When I go to end the process in Task Manager, it causes a BSOD. :/ 97602
  7. W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses

W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses: Good Afternoon All, My company is looking at migrating to W10 from W7. I spent a lot of time on my workstation cleaning off the consumer oriented junk, and closing all the nefarious spyware/telemetry. I signed up for the W10 Enterprise edition trial and threw it in a VM,...
  8. Upgrade install from W8.1.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP X64

Upgrade install from W8.1.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP X64: I installed W10 TP as a VM under Oracle VB on two computers. 32 bit on one and 64 bit on the other. Both work very well and are reasonable quick as a VM. I decided I wanted to run it direct, so did a Macrium backup of my Acer laptop then did an upgrade using a mounted 64...
  9. W7-W10 Pro x64 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 Support
    W7-W10 Pro x64 Upgrade error: I updated my drivers and bios on my Dell E6230, then tried the update. I get the following error. [img] Can I get some direction on what to look for? Thanks. 35454
  10. Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue circle by pointer all the time - W10 Pro X64 in Oracle VM: This just started yesterday. Did not have it previously. Now when I boot the blue circle is always by the mouse pointer. Nothing I do gets rid of it. Have not tried a Clean Boot yet, will do so soon. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and how they solved it. 8715

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting all the garbage out of w10