Windows 10: uninstall/remove/delete an incorrect entry in Settings > Apps and Features?Once again I ask...

Discus and support uninstall/remove/delete an incorrect entry in Settings > Apps and Features?Once again I ask... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Once again I ask for help with this problem that began 9/07/2020. Have never received replies to this question, asked many times. On the same date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Dec 29, 2020.

1. uninstall/remove/delete an incorrect entry in Settings > Apps and Features?Once again I ask...

Once again I ask for help with this problem that began 9/07/2020. Have never received replies to this question, asked many times. On the same date 9/07/2020 that Windows automatically installed the upgrade Edge Chromium unwanted it also installed: in 'Settings > Apps and Features' the following as a default App: "Taste of Home_ Find Recipes, App...". I did not add that title/website to Apps and Features. Since 9/2020 I have attempted several times to use the Uninstall option but it will not uninstall. Popup message runs forever and states: "still searching for program".

It does not uninstall. HOWEVER:

Immediately my Edge browser displays a popup: "Restore page - Microsoft Edge closed unexpectedly".

I open my Edge browser to check and it is NOT closed , but works as usual. No apparent change whatsoever.

That happens at each attempt to uninstall the 'Taste of Home" listed in default apps/features.

"Taste of Home" is a recipe resource/website that I downloaded and created a desktop icon for years ago.

It is merely a website I often refer to...as well as "All Recipes" and other cooking sites.

I have absolutely no idea how it came to be listed as a default app or feature at the same time as Edge Chromium browser upgrade, but I note that it is somehow connected with the Edge Chromium uninstallation.

This mix-up may be partly responsible for several glitches in the daily use of my computer. Suggestions anyone???

:)

klaro 1590, Dec 29, 2020

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Dec 29, 2020
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software

I'm not sure how it happens. It often happens for me with Mozilla programs. For some reason an update to a new version creates a new entry in the list, leaving the older version still listed.

I use CCleaner to delete the extra listings. This does not uninstall the program, it just deletes the extra entry you choose from the Programs and Features list.
    CCleaner > Tools > Uninstall > use the Delete button, not the Unistall button.
    I learned the hard way that uninstalling the older, extra program listed uninstalls the current program, because there is really only one program installed. Probably not what you want.

CCleaner is just deleting the Windows Registry entry for the extra listing. You can manually do this, but using CCleaner is faster and easier.

Manual method:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-programs-list

4. SamEnzo Win User

uninstall/remove/delete an incorrect entry in Settings > Apps and Features?Once again I ask...

Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features" Community

L.s.,

I asked this question earlier (Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features" )but got no working solution so I'll stubbornly try again:

Home pc with standard Windows 10 setup here, nothing fancy.

I have installed several apps and then uninstalled them via the Apps & Feature page. Although the programs appear removed (their files and folders are gone) they remain visible in the Apps & Features page as if they are still installed. I can click the uninstall
    button for the app; it will tell me that the app will be removed but after I ok that nothing happens.

Most installs and uninstalls work fine and almost all uninstalls result in removing the entry from the list.

It used to be so that if Windows (7) encountered this, it would say something like 'the program is no longer installed; do you wish to remove this entry from the installed programs list?' Don't know how Windows 8 dealt with this.

Is there a way to remove these faulty entries?

Thanks in advance!

SamEnzo, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

uninstall/remove/delete an incorrect entry in Settings > Apps and Features?Once again I ask...

1. uninstall/remove/delete an incorrect entry in Settings > Apps and Features?Once again I ask... - Similar Threads - uninstall remove delete

2. Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features: Hello,Long story short, my cousin once installed a game on my computer that then I deleted, it was taking up 40GB, but even after I uninstalled it those 40GB were still there, then I checked apps & features, I wasn't able to uninstall it there because it said it was already...
  3. Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features: Hello,Long story short, my cousin once installed a game on my computer that then I deleted, it was taking up 40GB, but even after I uninstalled it those 40GB were still there, then I checked apps & features, I wasn't able to uninstall it there because it said it was already...
  4. Accidentally "removed" an already uninstalled file from apps & features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. uninstalling and removing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalling and removing apps: I recently installed an app to my desk top computer and I want to remove it. I went to "settings" and removed it supposedly but it is still in my computer. It does not show up on the list of apps in my computer but it does show up every time I turn my computer on and it asks...
  6. ONCE AGAIN Microsift deletes Solitaire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONCE AGAIN Microsift deletes Solitaire: You know Microsoft, I am getting *****SERIOUSLY FED UP***** with my brother having to call me up *EVERY DAMNED TIME* MSWin10 force-installs an updated version of itself, only to find it has **ONCE AGAIN** deleted Solitaire. Get this through your thick, addled heads;...
  7. Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key: I have a program in the appwiz.cpl that doesn't exist under the CurrentVerstion\Uninstall of either the HKLM or the HKCU. Any ideas where else I can look to remove this? submitted by /u/Maladal [link] [comments]...
  8. How to remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find: How do I remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-remove-programs-in-apps-features-that/42b2cd92-615d-46b6-a3ae-934a532cfeef
  9. Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps"

Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps": I've recently installed windows 10 and I'm trying to clean up the start menu. The issue I'm running into is that the "all apps" has lots of entries of programs that have been long since uninstalled. I've deleted items in the old start menu folders and got rid of some...
  10. Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software

Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software: Hi all I recently uninstalled Kies from my laptop. Not long ago, on bootup, a popup asked did I want to run MASetupCleaner.exe. I declined. Then I went online and discovered it was a Kies file. I found two items in Task Manager, Startup Tab, called "Program" and brought...