Windows 10: Uninstall won't work on an old app from WinXP installed on Win10

Discus and support Uninstall won't work on an old app from WinXP installed on Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed an app called Smartboard 2000 (a clipboard utility) in Windows 10. It had worked in WinXP, but gave me problems in Win 10, so I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phrab, Sep 24, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

Uninstall won't work on an old app from WinXP installed on Win10

I installed an app called Smartboard 2000 (a clipboard utility) in Windows 10. It had worked in WinXP, but gave me problems in Win 10, so I want to uninstall it.

When I go to Programs & Features, select the app & choose uninstall, I get this message:

Uninstall won't work on an old app from WinXP installed on Win10 [​IMG]

When I go to it's folder & choose unwise.exe, I get this message:

How can I make sure I completely uninstall it, including any registry keys?
    Thank you in advance,

:)

phrab, Sep 24, 2019
  2. phrab Win User

I installed an app called Smartboard 2000 (a clipboard utility) in Windows 10. It had worked in WinXP, but gave me problems in Win 10, so I want to uninstall it.

When I go to Programs & Features, select the app & choose uninstall, I get this message:

When I go to it's folder & choose unwise.exe, I get this message:

How can I make sure I completely uninstall it, including any registry keys?
    Thank you in advance,

phrab, Sep 24, 2019
  3. phrab Win User

Thank you for your response. I installed this program a couple years ago, so I don't have an earlier system restore.
    I tried this, but although my program, Smartboard 2000 (a clipboard extender) was listed, it didn't remove everything on forced install. It removed \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Oakley\SmartBoard32, but didn't remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Oakley\SmartBoard32. I was using True Image's Try & Decide, so I was able to get back to where I was before I tried forced uninstall.
    Tried that & nothing happened...same message that I originally posted.

Funny, when I searched the registry (using RegmagiK32 or Regedit or Registrar Registry Manager) for Oakley or Smartboard, it only gave me results for the search string...i.e. as if it was never installed. But I was able to find it under Current User\Software\Oakley
    so I'm a little confused why I couldn't find it at first in the registry.
    I appreciate your help, as usual! I wonder what would happen if I just deleted all the Oakley folders & the Oakley registry key.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply. Funny, I can't find the install program. I'll have to search my other computer.

phrab, Sep 24, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Uninstall won't work on an old app from WinXP installed on Win10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall won't old

2. EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10: Are there any drivers and instructions on how to make EMU APS sound card, work with Windows XP ?If support for WinXP ended i can work with Win7 or Win10.Thanks...
  3. EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10: Are there any drivers and instructions on how to make EMU APS sound card, work with Windows XP ?If support for WinXP ended i can work with Win7 or Win10.Thanks...
  4. Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10

Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10: Would there be any problems if i uninstall apps (example: groove music, people, skype) and features (example: windows media player) in win10 ? Anyone done this ? 180280
  5. APP installer won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APP installer won't work: I tried to install microsoft store, Every time I download the components it always says App installation failed with error message: Windows cannot install package Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2 because the package requires architecture ARM64, but this computer has...
  6. shortcut installed from an old server won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shortcut installed from an old server won't uninstall: We have a program that is run on a server but we install a shortcut to run the program on remote computers. We updated to a new server with a different pathway and name not long ago. We changed to pathway on the shortcut and the program will run. Occasionally, we run into an...
  7. Transfer from WinXP to Win10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from WinXP to Win10.: What system or program is recommended for videos transfer from XP to 10. I used to use Tornado transfer and then Roxio to open but now it doesn't work anymore. Got transfer all right but Win10 won't accept the file....
  8. Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box: I have an old PC that was licensed for WinXP. About a year ago I threw Linux on it, but my needs have changed. Can someone please tell me, if I installed Win10 on it, can I use the XP license code? If not, can I install XP with the code, then perform the free update to...
  9. App won't uninstall

App won't uninstall: I have been having trouble with win 10. (Suprise, Surprise). I found an app that I do not recognize nor install. Dokan Library Bundle. It shows the error " windows installer not available or installed " when I try to uninstall it. Any info about this "new" app would be...
  10. Create dual boot Win10 with existing WinXP installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create dual boot Win10 with existing WinXP installation: Hi, I have seen posts that are partially related to my question, but do not answer all of my questions. Here the situation: GOAL: Create a dualboot system with a clean WIndows 10 installation on SSD while keeping my regular Windows XP for as long as I need it....