Windows 10: Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

Discus and support Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I needed to use polish characters, so I installed the Polish keyboard.[IMG] I unchecked every checkbox. [IMG] And when I was done, I uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TestAccount_680, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

I needed to use polish characters, so I installed the Polish keyboard.Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present. [​IMG]

I unchecked every checkbox.

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present. [​IMG]

And when I was done, I uninstalled the language, so the menu looked like this back again:

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present. [​IMG]

But I still have Polish Typing in my "Optional Features" menu

I have installed the newest updates

My current Windows version is 1809

I have restarted my PC multiple times.

:)

TestAccount_680, Mar 26, 2019

2. Language typing features

Hi Niranjan

Regarding your suggestion, to turn off

• "Autocorrect Misspelled Words"
    • "Highlight Misspelled Words"
    This indeed stops the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features

• Can you please clarify if only one (and if so, which one) OR both of these settings need to be turned off to stop the notifications?
    • Secondly, the problem with your suggestion is that the notifications stop at the expense of an effectively deactivated functionality.

Moreover, the Autocorrect and Highlight functions are turned off
      globally, ie across all installed languages.

For example, in my case I have a second language and keyboard installed (Russian). I have NOT installed, under Language Options for Russian: Basic Typing, Handwriting and Speech options. I suspect that was the cause of Install Language Typing Features notifications
      in Action Centre.

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present. bea108bb-0fae-40f0-b72a-040277b1214c.jpg

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present. 5220a74c-153a-43ed-b8ca-d2ff3f4495b2.jpg

However, now that I've turned off the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, they are obviously not working when I switch to English either.

So the question remains, is it possible to turn off or suppress the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features WITHOUT deactivating the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, at least for the languages that
      are not missing any installed options (in my case, English)
    Look forward to your response.

H.E. Pennypacker, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Error: 0x800f0954 "Sorry, download failed try again later" when installing basic typing feature for Japanese language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to install the basic typing feature of Japanese language pack.

I suggest you to try uninstalling and re-installing the language pack and check if that helps. You can follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the language pack.

1. Go Settings >
      Time & Language > Language.
    2. Now click on the Japanese language and click on
      Remove.

Once the language pack is removed, refer the article to

Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10

However, as the issue is happening on Windows 10 Education environment, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , as they have dedicated support for issues happening on Windows 10 Education environment.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Kamka Win User

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

Cannot remove languages from Optional Features

Hi, all,

I have a Windows 10 (went through all of the Insider builds) and have a dozen languages that ended up in Optional Features (without my knowledge) that cannot be removed. Those languages (Chinese, Swedish, etc.) have only "Manage" button which does nothing.
    In Control Panel -> Languages I have only English and Bulgarian.

I see that there are two places for language packs to install - System32 and SysWOW64. The contents of SysWOW64 is what corresponds to the list in Settins -> System -> Apps & Features -> Optional Features.

I've read on other forums that there was a bug around builds 1004x that could lead to large install times and the addition of many LPK (language packs). And indeed, my RTM install took a good whole night to complete.

So far I have:

• used Lpksetup /u and uninstalled everything there but English. This removed only the languages from System32 but had no effect on SysWOW64 and what is listed in Optional Features.
    • have added the languages listed in Optional Features in Control Panel -> Languages so that I can uninstall the language packs from there, but the option available is to Download and install the pack and not to uninstall it
    • With #2 in mind, I have downloaded the corresponding language pack in Control Panel -> Languages and have then uninstalled it - Optional Features still list it

How can I remove those languages?

Kamka, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

1. Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present. - Similar Threads - Uninstalled language Basic

2. Missing basic typing for language pack [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing basic typing for language pack [SOLVED]: Hi there,This is not a question but the solution to a problem I faced, which I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to solve it.I was having the following issue: installing the Italian language pack and only getting the icon "Language pack installed".On OneOne, the...
  3. Missing basic typing for language pack [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing basic typing for language pack [SOLVED]: Hi there,This is not a question but the solution to a problem I faced, which I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to solve it.I was having the following issue: installing the Italian language pack and only getting the icon "Language pack installed".On OneOne, the...
  4. Language pack not downloading + uninstalled language still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack not downloading + uninstalled language still there: I used to have the Japanese language pack, but last week it just suddenly disappeared no updates or new programs, and now I cannot reinstall it. It always gets stuck at downloading the Basic Typing feature, I have tried troubleshooting keyboard and of course restarting the...
  5. Language pack not downloading + uninstalled language still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack not downloading + uninstalled language still there: I used to have the Japanese language pack, but last week it just suddenly disappeared no updates or new programs, and now I cannot reinstall it. It always gets stuck at downloading the Basic Typing feature, I have tried troubleshooting keyboard and of course restarting the...
  6. Unable to download Japanese Language Pack Options: Basic Typing Error: 0x0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to download Japanese Language Pack Options: Basic Typing Error: 0x0: Hey All- When trying to download "Basic Typing" for the Windows IME I receive the following error: [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 2004 OS Build: 19041.804 I've tried restarting my PC and Reinstalling the pack Thanks in advance!!!...
  7. 1909 Still Not Presenting Itself as an Option to Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1909 Still Not Presenting Itself as an Option to Upgrade: We are a month away from the end of 1809 support and when I manually check for updates, 1909 still never presents itself as an option as the Knowledge Base articles show. Is there a way to seek it out or will Microsoft provide me with it as an option to upgrade before May 12?...
  8. CLIPBoard feature still not present

in Windows 10 Customization
    CLIPBoard feature still not present: this was a great feature, im using third party. why is it taking so long to fix? not to say that i will start using it, maybe third party will still be better. but im notified of this great feature, and i honestly gave up on hoping for features from windows, so i was...
  9. Uninstalling Optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Optional features: Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use this programs but IE is the only other browser that I have other than Firefox and Windows media player is the only other...
  10. Manage Optional Features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manage Optional Features: I have been getting plenty of recent notifications that say stuff like "This feature was unable to be installed" and I click on the notification for more information and it takes me to the "Manage Optional Features" page in settings and shows me that this has happened plenty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optional features japanese typing missing

2. what are optional features for windows 10 typing

3. 0x80240438 language basic typing download

4. arabic typing from optional features