Windows 10: Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

Discus and support Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Jul 13, 2019.

1. SJMaye Win User

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....."

I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my list.

Can someone help?

:)

SJMaye, Jul 13, 2019
  2. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Jul 13, 2019
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

1. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list - Similar Threads - Uninstalled program remains

2. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  3. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  4. When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When you uninstall program but it remains in installed program's list: If anything can go wrong it will. Is there a way to fox half-done uninstalls? [Original Title: Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list]...
  5. Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list

Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list: If anything can go wrong it will. Is there a way to fox half-done uninstalls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-uninstalled-but-stuck-on-the-program-list/9bc2bf97-db32-49cf-afaa-e935400e3483
  6. After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list: Hello, I removed application from the Apps & Features by selecting Uninstall and following the prompts. After it was uninstalled, and after numerous restarts, the application remains listed in the Apps & features list. Modify is greyed out and when Uninstall is selected,...
  7. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  8. Program not listed to be able to uninstall

Program not listed to be able to uninstall: When navigating to Control Panel/Programs to be able to uninstall Quicken, The program is not listed to be able to uninstall. The program is installed and I can locate in the Program Files, but is not listed to uninstall. I have heard that if I were to just delete the...
  9. Uninstall a Program not listed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall a Program not listed: I need to uninstall a program: ByteFence Anti-Malware. I go to Control Panel, Programs, but it is not listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uninstall-a-program-not-listed/09c82a54-4bf9-4489-a097-eb1a95ba755a
  10. list recently uninstalled programs

list recently uninstalled programs: Hi, Whats the best way to list any recent uninstalls? 110041