Windows 10: Uninstalled a program through control panel and now my D drive is wiped clean?

Discus and support Uninstalled a program through control panel and now my D drive is wiped clean? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed CAD Earth to my D drive but it didn't install into a folder like I wanted it to, so I went into control panel to uninstall it. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Loryn L, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Loryn L Win User

Uninstalled a program through control panel and now my D drive is wiped clean?

I recently installed CAD Earth to my D drive but it didn't install into a folder like I wanted it to, so I went into control panel to uninstall it. Now every single folder and file that I had on the drive is gone. Not in recycle bin, gone. I've tried using Recuva but it's only pulling up the file names, when I open the files they are all corrupted. Is there anything I can do? I had a lot of schoolwork on that drive and it wasn't automatically backing up so its all gone.

:)

Loryn L, Sep 21, 2020
  2. jncrqs Win User

How can I uninstall a program that isn't under C drive?

I installed a program in my drive D but when the time came that I wish to uninstall the program, I realized that this was not listed in my control panel. How can I uninstall the program?

jncrqs, Sep 21, 2020
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 21, 2020
  4. CES28 Win User

Deleting a program that doesn't appear in the Control Panel when "Uninstall a program" is selected

I need to uninstall PDF Pro 10 so that I can install a newer version, but the program doesn't appear in the list of programs when "Uninstall a program" is selected from the Control Panel. I received the following instructions from PDF Pro 10 technical support:
    "You need to manually uninstall by deleting all of the software's folders and registry from your drive. Please ask assistance from your administrator."

My Windows 10 PC is a home computer. What do I need to do to delete the PDF Pro 10 program that doesn't appear in the list of programs when "Uninstall a program" is selected from the Control Panel?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CES28, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Uninstalled a program through control panel and now my D drive is wiped clean? - Similar Threads - Uninstalled program through

2. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  3. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  4. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs: HP support says that I need to uninstall and re-install a utility program called "HP Scan Extended HPscan.exe" in order to fix a problem with that program. So I go to Windows Control Panel Programs and Features, but the uninstall hangs. I try to cancel it but it won't cancel....
  6. uninstalling program from invalid drive D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstalling program from invalid drive D:: To me happened the same thing but this solution didn't help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-invalid-drive-e/bf2926cc-1797-4bc1-95a5-d2685a98a8b1...
  7. Uninstalling program from invalid drive D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling program from invalid drive D:: To me happend the same thing that happend here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-invalid-drive-e/bf2926cc-1797-4bc1-95a5-d2685a98a8b1 I switched disks to create space and i cant uninstall epic games now but the solution that worked for...
  8. TAP in my control panel programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TAP in my control panel programs: in my control panel programs, I see TAP9.21.2what is this for thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap/1a6306d7-d946-4ad0-b23a-9ff7191e72b1
  9. "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh: Here's a video example. Troubleshooting Help: What is your parts list? PCPartPicker Part List Type Item Price CPU Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $471.99 @ Amazon CPU Cooler Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $179.99 @ Newegg Motherboard Gigabyte...
  10. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f