Windows 10: Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

Discus and support Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jabir_AH, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Jabir_AH Win User

Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone.

Bloons TD Battles uninstalled, it is not in this list see all apps which starts with a 'B'

Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu 02fdfc3e-bda0-4516-aa0e-589e9fdac7c1?upload=true.png

But still shows here. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu a85c7ba2-d04b-4d7e-a3a1-d6733c34eecb?upload=true.png

Naval World Warship uninstalled, it is not in this list see all apps which starts with a 'N' Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu 520fc22a-732e-4446-8dc4-0dc44ee5ab39?upload=true.png But still shows here. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu 4f3a00e0-92b6-4126-95a1-1ecb15887fc1?upload=true.png The chess and WhatsApp are showing here, Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu 5594af7a-4618-4c4b-b14a-987666c26856?upload=true.png But they both are both uninstalled, it is not in this list see all apps which starts with a 'T' and 'Wh' Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu b8006864-6672-43ca-99ba-d08a726e827f?upload=true.png Here is my screenshot of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsUninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

Jabir_AH, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    App in start menu

Hi,

It is possible that the was uninstalled that's why you can't find it anywhere now or the app file was corrupted. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest installing the app again and see if it will show on the start menu.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Uninstalled apps are

2. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  3. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  4. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  5. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  6. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  7. Microsoft Store Apps not uninstalling correctly and still showing in the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps not uninstalling correctly and still showing in the start menu: My problem is two parts.1 If I right click a Microsoft Store app in the start menu and click "Uninstall" nothing happens. They only way I can uninstall them is through "Add/Remove Programs" or using Appx in PowerShell.2 Once I do get the program removed, it no longer shows up...
  8. Microsoft Store Apps not uninstalling correctly and still showing in the start menu

Microsoft Store Apps not uninstalling correctly and still showing in the start menu: My problem is two parts.1 If I right click a Microsoft Store app in the start menu and click "Uninstall" nothing happens. They only way I can uninstall them is through "Add/Remove Programs" or using Appx in PowerShell.2 Once I do get the program removed, it no longer shows up...
  9. Microsoft Store Apps not uninstalling correctly and still showing in the start menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  10. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. pc apps icons still showing on startup menu after uninstalling

3. uninstall program but still in start menu