Windows 10: Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

Discus and support Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled a program, battle.net , and now when I search in the start menu for it, the old icon pops up above the newly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joke-United, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled a program, battle.net , and now when I search in the start menu for it, the old icon pops up above the newly installed one. The old icon does nothing when I click on it, and it also doesn't have the battlenet icon, it's just a generic program icon.

Pic of what shows up

So far i've tried restarting my pc, the dism and scannow command prompt commands, clearing my icon cache, rebuilding my index, clearing my temp folder, and also made sure that it's not in the start menu program folder, all of which hasn't done anything.

submitted by /u/Joke-United
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joke-United, Nov 23, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Unable to uninstall an app

First of all, I haven't tried any troubleshoot steps.

I tried to uninstall it at control panel.

Now, from the list of programmes at the control panel, the app has disappeared (I don't know if it has uninstalled) but the folder of the app is still on the start menu app list.

How do I delete the folder from the list of apps on the start menu.

Thank you.

DanielAnkamah Mensah, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

App in start menu

Hi,

It is possible that the was uninstalled that's why you can't find it anywhere now or the app file was corrupted. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest installing the app again and see if it will show on the start menu.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

1. Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu - Similar Threads - Uninstalled apps coming

2. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  3. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  4. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  5. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  6. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...
  7. Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu: So I just uninstalled a couple of Windows Store (or UWP) apps and while they did uninstall successfully, it left behind multiple icons on the start menu. I've tried everything from resetting (running WSReset) to clearing registry keys but to no avail. Since these are store...
  8. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu: I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone. Bloons TD...
  9. Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps

Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps: I have uninstalled several apps from the Microsoft Store, and also gone into the store and hidden them in my library. However, the start menu insists on continuing to show these apps. I have also gone in start menu programs in file explorer, but it doesn't show these. How can...
  10. after logging on start menu wont come up

after logging on start menu wont come up: start menu wont come up tried everything possible but no luck can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-logging-on-start-menu-wont-come-up/62cc0f23-f7dc-463e-88bb-06603d351178