Windows 10: Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps

Discus and support Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently removed a bunch of launchers from my PC [Windows 10]; however, these programs still appear in; Task Manager > Startup i still have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AbiskarTimsina, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps

I recently removed a bunch of launchers from my PC [Windows 10]; however, these programs still appear in;
    Task Manager > Startup
    i still have the option to disable/enable them but they do not go away. I currently have all of them disabled.

Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps 58cf17d7-2588-4c60-a7f0-f01f4038df86?upload=true.png

:)

AbiskarTimsina, Sep 17, 2020
  2. SamEnzo Win User

Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features" Community

L.s.,

I asked this question earlier (Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features" )but got no working solution so I'll stubbornly try again:

Home pc with standard Windows 10 setup here, nothing fancy.

I have installed several apps and then uninstalled them via the Apps & Feature page. Although the programs appear removed (their files and folders are gone) they remain visible in the Apps & Features page as if they are still installed. I can click the uninstall
    button for the app; it will tell me that the app will be removed but after I ok that nothing happens.

Most installs and uninstalls work fine and almost all uninstalls result in removing the entry from the list.

It used to be so that if Windows (7) encountered this, it would say something like 'the program is no longer installed; do you wish to remove this entry from the installed programs list?' Don't know how Windows 8 dealt with this.

Is there a way to remove these faulty entries?

Thanks in advance!

SamEnzo, Sep 17, 2020
  3. SamEnzo Win User
    Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features"

L.s.,

home pc with standard Windows 10 setup here, nothing fancy.

I have installed several apps and then uninstalled them via the Apps & Feature page. Although the programs appear removed (their files and folders are gone) they remain visible in the Apps & Features page as if they are still installed. I can click the uninstall
    button for the app; it will tell me that the app will be removed but after I ok that nothing happens.

Most installs and uninstalls work fine and almost all uninstalls result in removing the entry from the list.

It used to be so that if Windows (7) encountered this, it would say something like 'the program is no longer installed; do you wish to remove this entry from the installed programs list?' Don't know how Windows 8 dealt with this.

Is there a way to remove these faulty entries?

Thanks in advance!

SamEnzo, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps

Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10 .We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Method 1 :

I suggest you to turn off the app notifications for the particular app if you do not want to receive notifications from the particular app. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Click on System.
    • Select the Notifications and apps from the left navigation pane.
    • Turn off the notifications from the app under Show notification from these apps.

Method 2:

System File Checker (SFC) Scan:

• Press Windows Key and type “cmd”. Right-Click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps

1. Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps - Similar Threads - Uninstalled apps remain

2. Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps Pinaview: A virus app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps Pinaview: A virus app: Pinaview in Task Manager, Startup app tab Pinaview only having Enable and Search Online clickable, with a High Startup ImpactPinaview in App Startups, turned offHi,I had a bunch of malware and viruses that somehow haven't been activated, and was getting rid of all of them....
  3. Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps Pinaview: A virus app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled apps remain visible under Startup apps Pinaview: A virus app: Pinaview in Task Manager, Startup app tab Pinaview only having Enable and Search Online clickable, with a High Startup ImpactPinaview in App Startups, turned offHi,I had a bunch of malware and viruses that somehow haven't been activated, and was getting rid of all of them....
  4. App in windows 10 with Chinese name in startup under Apps section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App in windows 10 with Chinese name in startup under Apps section: I see an app name with Chinese name no logo preview in Settings > App > Startup. Not able to identify and figure what app it is or if its an security threat. Appreciate any guidance on steps to figure out what app it is actually so I can judge and decide if it needs to...
  5. App in windows 10 with Chinese name in startup under Apps section

App in windows 10 with Chinese name in startup under Apps section: I see an app name with Chinese name no logo preview in Settings > App > Startup. Not able to identify and figure what app it is or if its an security threat. Appreciate any guidance on steps to figure out what app it is actually so I can judge and decide if it needs to...
  6. App in windows 10 with Chinese name in startup under Apps section

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Apps not visible in Search

Apps not visible in Search: I don´t know what I´ve done but all of my office apps like word, excel etc. aren´t showing up in the start menu. They aren´t showing up in the search field neither and also not in the Apps -> Apps and Features in the Preferences. But they are defenitely installed and I can...
  8. After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list: Hello, I removed application from the Apps & Features by selecting Uninstall and following the prompts. After it was uninstalled, and after numerous restarts, the application remains listed in the Apps & features list. Modify is greyed out and when Uninstall is selected,...
  9. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  10. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...