Windows 10: uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10

Discus and support uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do you remove the icon of an uninstalled app that still show in Apps and Features win10. Clicked (offending program) uninstall and shows windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by niclin, Jun 4, 2019.

1. niclin Win User

uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10

How do you remove the icon of an uninstalled app that still show in Apps and Features win10. Clicked (offending program) uninstall and shows windows cannot find c:\windows\system32\ss2uninst.exe. So I removed the program manually. Was able to remove all traces of the program, including from the folders and startup menus. The only thing left now is to remove from App and Features. I also tried the Repair in Control Panel procedure. Didn't help. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you.

:)

niclin, Jun 4, 2019
  2. WacoJohn Win User

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10 [​IMG]

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10 [​IMG]

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Jun 4, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Revo Uninstaller List Differs from Win10 Progs and Features List

I show same thing. You may have discovered a "leap day" bug in the Revo app. I wouldn't worry about it, honestly. It's how it calculates the term "Recently". If you use CCleaner and look at tools/uninstall it list progs. Sort descending date...you get a another answer.

f14tomcat, Jun 4, 2019
  4. uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10

TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10

1. uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10 - Similar Threads - uninstalled apps still

2. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  3. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  4. Uninstalled app still showing as default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled app still showing as default app: I have uninstalled Acrobat XI on Windows 11 but I still see it in default apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-app-still-showing-as-default-app/3111e490-4c08-4e78-b1c9-1649081e38d0
  5. Uninstalled app still showing as default app

Uninstalled app still showing as default app: I have uninstalled Acrobat XI on Windows 11 but I still see it in default apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-app-still-showing-as-default-app/3111e490-4c08-4e78-b1c9-1649081e38d0
  6. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  7. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  8. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

9. Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10

Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10: Would there be any problems if i uninstall apps (example: groove music, people, skype) and features (example: windows media player) in win10 ? Anyone done this ? 180280
  10. unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10: If I click start menu, settings and choose the apps folder it opens with a list of installed apps and games. I have 3 games which have been uninstalled but still show in this list. The option to uninstall or modify is greyed out. Using the search icon there are no traces of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show uninstalled apps

2. windows 10 app uninstalled but still showing

3. why are my uninstalled games still in the registry

4. uninstalled app still shows on the apps & features menu,
  5. remove all traces of uninstalled apps in windows 10,
  6. pheonix os deleted but still showing,
  7. uninstalled apps still appearing in apps & features,
  8. i uninstalled a app but is icons is stilll in app and features,
  9. how to remove uninstalled programs from programs and features win10,
  10. uninstalled app still shows on Apps & features Windows 10,
  11. program uninstalled but still showing on apps