Windows 10: Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static.

Discus and support Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To fix an audio problem where some voice audio wouldn't play into my headphones, I uninstalled all audio drivers in Device Manager > Sound, video, game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gabrielle777, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static.

To fix an audio problem where some voice audio wouldn't play into my headphones, I uninstalled all audio drivers in Device Manager > Sound, video, game controllers. I restarted my computer, and my audio problem was fixed, BUT now my mic has stopped working. It can only be heard as static, my voice is not there anymore.

I assume it's something with the drivers...

please help!
    -Gabrielle

:)

Gabrielle777, Mar 27, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static.

Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static.

1. Uninstalled audio drivers, now mic is only static. - Similar Threads - Uninstalled audio drivers

2. webcam mic only hears static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam mic only hears static: when i was trying for my meeting my webcam only hears static and it so loud my headphone mic works fine but my webcam mic is now broken is there fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-mic-only-hears-static/48914292-b0fe-4be8-ad50-b7d67421704e
  3. webcam mic only hears static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam mic only hears static: when i was trying for my meeting my webcam only hears static and it so loud my headphone mic works fine but my webcam mic is now broken is there fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-mic-only-hears-static/48914292-b0fe-4be8-ad50-b7d67421704e
  4. webcam mic only hears static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mic static and audio problem

Mic static and audio problem: My mic has been playing static and the audio has also been playing through it. I've tried many times and other ways but still continues to be a problem.One I've seen that seems to work most, checking if "Listen to device" is on in Control Panel but it isn't. I've even tried...
  6. Mic static and audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic static and audio problem: My mic has been playing static and the audio has also been playing through it. I've tried many times and other ways but still continues to be a problem.One I've seen that seems to work most, checking if "Listen to device" is on in Control Panel but it isn't. I've even tried...
  7. Mic static and audio problem

8. Only static through mic, tried updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only static through mic, tried updating drivers: So I just built a new PC and whenever I plugged in my headphones only static seemed to come through the mic, however it was detecting sound properly. I saw elsewhere on here to update windows drivers as well as through the motherboard's website. Once I've done that the mic...
  9. Only static through mic, tried updating drivers

Only static through mic, tried updating drivers: So I just built a new PC and whenever I plugged in my headphones only static seemed to come through the mic, however it was detecting sound properly. I saw elsewhere on here to update windows drivers as well as through the motherboard's website. Once I've done that the mic...
  10. Only static through mic, tried updating drivers