Windows 10: Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update

Discus and support Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the recent winsows update i am unable to head any sound. I noticed that my audio driver was uninstalled, so i reinstalled it and it still doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yelor101, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Yelor101 Win User

Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update

After the recent winsows update i am unable to head any sound. I noticed that my audio driver was uninstalled, so i reinstalled it and it still doesnt work. My heaphones arent detected and i want some ideas before i rollback the update. Im using an msi ge62vr apache pro

:)

Yelor101, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Audio not working in windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

To help resolve your issue better, could you provide us the following information?

• To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or error code?
    This issue could have occurred due to corrupt audio drivers or missing Windows Updates.

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates including the Optional Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall audio driver from device manager and reinstall the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Step 1:

Uninstall audio driver.

A) Press Windows + R key, type devmgmt.msc
    and click Ok.

B) Expand the audio driver, right-click
    on the driver and click on uninstall.

Step 2:

Now re-install latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information helps, please get back to us for further support on Windows. We will be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Arul_D, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update

Microphone audio is distorted when I listen to audio playback in Windows but fine in Realktek Audio Manager

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the sound on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

I would like to inform that there will be same drivers for audio from motherboard and sound card. Windows will have basic audio drivers for the operating system (Realtek).

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Audio options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver

Also, if you find the latest drivers you can install them manually on your device.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update

1. Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update - Similar Threads - Uninstalled audio stuff

2. After A Windows Update, Bluetooth Was Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After A Windows Update, Bluetooth Was Uninstalled: I've tried so many fixes online via Microsoft Support itself. I even saw those with similar issues but Bluetooth simply doesn't exist on my device anymore. I am unable to update the driver for Bluetooth nor can I turn it on/off, everytime I try it says Bluetooth isn't on my...
  3. After A Windows Update, Bluetooth Was Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After A Windows Update, Bluetooth Was Uninstalled: I've tried so many fixes online via Microsoft Support itself. I even saw those with similar issues but Bluetooth simply doesn't exist on my device anymore. I am unable to update the driver for Bluetooth nor can I turn it on/off, everytime I try it says Bluetooth isn't on my...
  4. Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver: Recently I upgraded to windows 11 but I soon started having issues with my audio, so I went into device manager, went under audio inputs and outputs and proceeded to uninstall the drivers from there. Since then no matter what I try I cannot get them to reappear, despite...
  5. Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver: Recently I upgraded to windows 11 but I soon started having issues with my audio, so I went into device manager, went under audio inputs and outputs and proceeded to uninstall the drivers from there. Since then no matter what I try I cannot get them to reappear, despite...
  6. Windows stuff dosen't work after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuff dosen't work after updating Windows 10: So my pc updated itself 3 days ago and now i can't use any of the windows related stuff like i can't open the settings, use the search bar or update my windows anymore, the only thing i can open that is windows related is microsoft store does anyone know how to repair this i...
  7. Windows stuff dosen't work after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuff dosen't work after updating Windows 10: So my pc updated itself 3 days ago and now i can't use any of the windows related stuff like i can't open the settings, use the search bar or update my windows anymore, the only thing i can open that is windows related is microsoft store does anyone know how to repair this i...
  8. Windows stuff dosen't work after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. No audio after uninstalling the last major update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after uninstalling the last major update: My computer was crashing before windows start. I fixed this issue by uninstalling the last major update on the advanced settings. The problem is: after doing that, the audio doesn't work anymore. I already installed the realtek audio drivers from my motherboard h61m-e...
  10. Stuff doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuff doesn't work after update: Windows 10 just did an update on my PC Now stuff doesn't work Can't see street level view on Google Earth. Can't play Microsoft online daily challenges. I rely on Google Earth for fishing trips. It is essential. If it is not restored I will have to abandon 10. God only knows...