Windows 10: Uninstalled camera because wasn't working, now can reinstall

Discus and support Uninstalled camera because wasn't working, now can reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HPx360 in 2018 and have windows 10. If I remember correctly, when I first bought it and set it up, I chose to disable the camera. I have never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tracihouston, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Uninstalled camera because wasn't working, now can reinstall

I have a HPx360 in 2018 and have windows 10. If I remember correctly, when I first bought it and set it up, I chose to disable the camera. I have never used the camera. Now I need to use it, but none of the apps I use for video can detect the camera. So I went through windows troubleshooting and the camera app and the camera still can't be detected. I updated the drivers and restarted the computer, still can't be detected. So I uninstalled it through the device manager and went to reinstall in under Action but it can't be found there now. I'm lost as to what to do. Please help!

:)

tracihouston, Jul 20, 2020

2. CAMERA APP NOT WORKING after WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

I tried your solution after two frustrating hours including useless conversation with a Microsoft advisor.

It worked.

Thank you very much

Derek Bourgeois, Jul 20, 2020
  3. CAMERA APP NOT WORKING after WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

I tried your solution after two frustrating hours including useless conversation with a Microsoft advisor.

It worked.

Thank you very much

for the sake of the common man canu make a u tubre video step by step and with clear mike volume so us common (MILLIONS AND COUNTING) can try themselves

Normal User_123456, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Uninstalled camera because wasn't working, now can reinstall

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled camera because wasn't working, now can reinstall

1. Uninstalled camera because wasn't working, now can reinstall - Similar Threads - Uninstalled camera wasn't

2. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooth uninstall, reinstall not worked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth uninstall, reinstall not worked: Bluetooth wasn't working on my device this morning - I following all instructions, in the end uninstalling device in the device manager. When I then shut down, and hit scan hardware nothing is being reinstalled. I have tried multiple times. I an running windows 10 on a DELL...
  6. Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(: Hello my friends, Oh boy am I in a pickle...So Bluetooth (BT) stopped working, the option to turn it on and off wouldn't appear anywhere, not in the settings menu and not in the action center. So I went to Device Manager >> Bluetooth >> and uninstalled the Intel® Wireless...
  7. It wasn't broke but now it is...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    It wasn't broke but now it is...: Trying to wrap my head around the problem. So we have an Intranet and accessing was no problem till the new .net preview came along. Installing the new update fixed it but how come it seems when things work and an update comes out some times things just break even though...
  8. Excel 2013 uninstalled and reinstalled ... worked for a while and now doesn't

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel 2013 uninstalled and reinstalled ... worked for a while and now doesn't: I uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office 2013 because Excel wasn't working at all. For a brief time after I reinstalled it, Excel was working perfectly. Now I'm missingone vertical gridline and several not all horizontal gridlines....
  9. I unistalled my bluetooth driver because it wasn't working. I need help reinstalling the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I unistalled my bluetooth driver because it wasn't working. I need help reinstalling the...: The driver was Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A and Windows 10 64bit. I found the driver on https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-145-and-Windows10-64bit.html . But I can not figure out how to reinstall it. Setup is Z270e Asus ROG Strix motherboard...
  10. Uninstalled camera app with Ccleaner. Now I'm trying to reinstall via store and it's making...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Uninstalled camera app with Ccleaner. Now I'm trying to reinstall via store and it's making...: I am trying to use skype and need to reinstall the camera app. Does anyone know why I need to sign in to a microsoft/email/skype account in order for it to download via store? Is there any way around this besides doing a fresh install of Windows 10?...