Windows 10: Uninstalled game still pops up on search

Discus and support Uninstalled game still pops up on search in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stalker2400 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i89jtd/uninstalled_game_still_pops_up_on_search/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stalker2400, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Uninstalled game still pops up on search

/u/Stalker2400, Aug 12, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Uninstalled game still pops up on search

Metro Apps Reinstalled Even After I Manually Uninstalled Them

Hi,

Thank you for updating on the status. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check if the applications/games are completely uninstalled by following the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
    • Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.
    • Check if the applications/games are displaying.
    • If they are displaying, select the item and click on Uninstall.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled game still pops up on search

1. Uninstalled game still pops up on search - Similar Threads - Uninstalled game still

2. One Updater still popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Updater still popping up?: So my little brother downloaded a ton of games on my laptop when he wasn't supposed to. Figured this out and uninstalled all of them-or so I thought. Recently I noticed that something called OneUpdater kept popping up. Did research and oh no it's a bad thing.Uninstalled it...
  3. One Updater still popping up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Updater still popping up?: So my little brother downloaded a ton of games on my laptop when he wasn't supposed to. Figured this out and uninstalled all of them-or so I thought. Recently I noticed that something called OneUpdater kept popping up. Did research and oh no it's a bad thing.Uninstalled it...
  4. Search and Pop-Up Calendar STILL not working on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search and Pop-Up Calendar STILL not working on Windows 10: I am pretty upset because with recent updates in the last couple of months, I have lost my ability to click on the Pop-Up Calendar bottom right of Windows 10 screen or do a search in Windows of ANY KIND. I went through ALL of the suggestions given me, and the only thing we...
  5. Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.: I uninstalled TranslucentTB but it still appears in search. I've tried many fixes and none of them have helped. This isn't the only app btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-apps-still-appearing-in-search/c1c3d0d5-238c-47db-8205-2bd40f3f165f
  6. Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Just-Another-Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m77ogn/uninstalled_program_still_shows_up_in_windows/
  7. Chrome still shows up in Search after being uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome still shows up in Search after being uninstalled?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ItsBlinkzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lj6hlj/chrome_still_shows_up_in_search_after_being/
  8. Uninstalled Game from Xbox Game Pass Still Taking Up Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Game from Xbox Game Pass Still Taking Up Space: To Whom It May Concern, I am having an issue after uninstalling Halo: MCC from my Xbox Game Pass Subscription on PC. After uninstalling it no longer appears in the Xbox Store/Launcher, but my storage did not recover the space. When I go into Settings->Storage it says that...
  9. Restrictions Still Popping Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restrictions Still Popping Up: One day, on my personal computer, I logged into my school email to check if I had gotten a reply to something. I didn't so I logged out of it. One day, a notification popped up asking me to change the password for my school account something I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to...
  10. Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search: Hello, as the title says, I've uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search. If I click on it nothing happens and it also doesn't show the usual buttons other than "Open" (Open doesn't do anything either). [ATTACH] Here are the pictures showing that it is...