Windows 10: Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back

Discus and support Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Tried DDU and everything but Windows Update, Device Manager and AMD Catalyst all give an error when installing. Comment if you need more information.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xCuri0, Nov 14, 2019.

1. /u/xCuri0 Win User

Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back

Tried DDU and everything but Windows Update, Device Manager and AMD Catalyst all give an error when installing. Comment if you need more information.

Trying to install the INF manually from AMD Catalyst gives "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time".

GPU is Radeon HD 7640G.

All I could find on the internet says to reinstall which I don't have time to do. The GPU works fine on Linux so its not a hardware issue

submitted by /u/xCuri0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xCuri0, Nov 14, 2019

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Nov 14, 2019
  3. NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager

I accidentally uninstalled my NVIDIA GPU from device manager and now I want to reinstall it but when I try reinstalling it with NIVDIA installer it says, "The graphic driver could not find compatible Graphic Hardware.". Help me on how to get my graphic
    hardware back and use it for my high performance.

SiddharthHingar, Nov 14, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

GPU missing from device manager

Hi Komet22_

If you go to Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section, what device(s) are listed there, do you have Intel HD/UHD graphics there?

Click the link below to download DDU, run that and see if if finds and uninstalls your GPU

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dr...

DaveM121, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back - Similar Threads - Uninstalled GPU device

2. Uninstalled Realtek audio manager and can't get it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Realtek audio manager and can't get it back.: My wired headphones weren't working so I uninstalled the audio manager and now I can't get it back. I've restarting my computer, but it doesn't show up. If anybody could tell me how to get it back and maybe tell me how I can make my headphones work, that would be great....
  3. Uninstalled Realtek audio manager and can't get it back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Realtek audio manager and can't get it back.: My wired headphones weren't working so I uninstalled the audio manager and now I can't get it back. I've restarting my computer, but it doesn't show up. If anybody could tell me how to get it back and maybe tell me how I can make my headphones work, that would be great....
  4. GPU is not showing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU is not showing in Device Manager: I have a laptop with two GPUs and I accidentally removed one of them dedicated GPU: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-is-not-showing-in-device-manager/70bda42f-58b0-45a8-b61c-9c307f7cb768
  5. GPU is not showing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU is not showing in Device Manager: I have a laptop with two GPUs and I accidentally removed one of them dedicated GPU: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-is-not-showing-in-device-manager/70bda42f-58b0-45a8-b61c-9c307f7cb768
  6. Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager

Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager: Hello The Bluetooth icon on my laptop disappeared earlier this morning from both the toggle keys and the notification panel. Added to that, the Bluetooth on/off button also disappeared from the Bluetooth Settings. Even in the Device Manager, Bluetooth appeared in the...
  7. Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager

Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager: Hi, I have purchased a Bluetooth dongle from tplink UB400, this device is just plug and play for windows 10 and does not require drivers. In an attempt to change a setting i uninstalled everything under Bluetooth in device manager, now this device is no longer working. I...
  8. Uninstalled bluetooth from device manager, unable to install again

Uninstalled bluetooth from device manager, unable to install again: My Bluetooth adapter was hidden and was not connecting to the hardware. So I decided to uninstall the Qualcomm Atheros driver. However, when I downloaded my driver again from Lenovo support, it is still not working. In turn, I am also getting an 'Unknown USB Device( Device...
  9. GPU missing from device manager

GPU missing from device manager: Hi, I have a problem where I can't locate my Nvidia card in device manager and my nvidia control panel is also missing. When I tried to install any drivers It says that It could not find compatible hardware. would also like to point out that this problem occurred after my...
  10. NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager

NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager: I accidentally uninstalled my NVIDIA GPU from device manager and now I want to reinstall it but when I try reinstalling it with NIVDIA installer it says, "The graphic driver could not find compatible Graphic Hardware.". Help me on how to get my graphic hardware back and use...