Windows 10: Uninstalled Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter bc I'm a dumbass, how fix?

Discus and support Uninstalled Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter bc I'm a dumbass, how fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay so the other day my WiFi wasn't working and I read that if you uninstall your adapter and restart your computer and automatically reinstall it (it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quackajingleson, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Uninstalled Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter bc I'm a dumbass, how fix?

Okay so the other day my WiFi wasn't working and I read that if you uninstall your adapter and restart your computer and automatically reinstall it (it worked last time, not sure what I did wrong) and I did just that. After restarting, it was not there anymore and when I click on the the wifi icon in the bottom right, nothing comes up. not even airplane mode. it just says Network and Internet settings, and when I click on it it just takes me to the settings page, which wifi is missing from. I troubleshooted and it told me to connect an Ethernet cable, which I have never used in my life. I have tried multiple solutions online and none worked. It seems no one else has the exact same problem as me. In device manager I click show hidden items and in the network Adapters section Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #3 and #4 are there, no clue what's the difference between any of these. When I click properties on both of them, it says the hardware devices are not connected and that it's a code 45. It also says to reconnect them to the computer, which I have no clue how to do. I don't even know if that's going to fix it. I have no idea where else to go, so I'm making this post. Someone please help me fix this.

submitted by /u/Quackajingleson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quackajingleson, Apr 20, 2020

2. microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter

My computer doesn't have the Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter. Is there anything avaliable like a USB plug in that would serve the same purpose as the MIcrosoft wifi direct virtual adapter?

GeneTrantham, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter

i m using win10 ver 1803. connectivity problem while using miracast. after doing lots of research i found the problem with Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter.

My System Mac address is ba:81:98:26:20:c8. My system is showing Two Wifi direct virtual adapter,1. Microsoft WiFi Direct virtual adapter - MAC Add - ba:81:98:26:20:c92. Microsoft WiFi Direct virtual adapter # 2 - MAC Add - ba:81:98:26:20:c8Whenever i try to connect with my smart tv, My tv shows " connecting with MAC address ba:81:98:26:20:c9" and stuck on this message.If my tv shows "connecting with MAC address ba:81:98:26:20:c8" then it will work perfectly.Now you will ask how i know? I know this when i installed win 10 ver 1603 and my system did not start updating i tried miracast with my tv and on that time it was working like charm and the message was showing on my screen was "connecting with MAC address ba:81:98:26:20:c8".

pushpbakshi, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Uninstalled Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter bc I'm a dumbass, how fix?

disable permanently Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Hi,

I understand that you are facing problems with Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual

Adapter.

I can understand the frustration, were in you want to uninstall the driver

completely. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is used for creating portable

hotspot on PC. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is used once two Wi-Fi

direct devices are paired using Windows Pairing experience user

interface.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if

you could answer the following questions:

1. Which operating system was installed prior to Windows 10?

2. Are you

able to connect to the Internet using wireless connection?

4. Have you

made any recent hardware or software changes to your computer prior to the

issue?

Follow the below methods and check the issue:

a. Go to command prompt

as admin and type as “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” (without no

quotes).

b. Then type this “netsh wlan set hostednetwork

mode=disallow”.

Reference: It disables the service and the Microsoft wifi miniport is gone.

For some reason its mode gets set to allow instated of disallow and when you

uninstall it reappears and messes up the networking, example, printers, wifi

routers, etc.

Please revert back with the information the ongoing issue with the

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter. We would be glad to assist

you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter bc I'm a dumbass, how fix?

1. Uninstalled Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter bc I'm a dumbass, how fix? - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Microsoft wifi

2. Permanently Uninstall Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Uninstall Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters: I have an Azure VPN connection set up on my computer. I've noticed lately that every time I open a new Explorer window for anything saving as, opening a new File Explorer window to find a file, browsing for a file to open in a program, etc. the VPN immediately crashes....
  3. Permanently Uninstall Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently Uninstall Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters: I have an Azure VPN connection set up on my computer. I've noticed lately that every time I open a new Explorer window for anything saving as, opening a new File Explorer window to find a file, browsing for a file to open in a program, etc. the VPN immediately crashes....
  4. Permanently Uninstall Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to re enable microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter ?

how to re enable microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter ?: HI, i was troubleshooting miracast connection and mistakenly i disable the Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual adapter local area connection. this adapter appear only when i connect to casting device. manually i add microsoft remote display adapter but i found that there is nor...
  6. Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter problem

Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter problem: I have a weird problem with Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter, it shows in device manager & it doesn't have any marks on it[ATTACH]but it won't show in network adapters,[ATTACH] i tried sfc & deleting hosted network... Registry key but no luck....
  7. How to change the name of Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the name of Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter?: Hi, When I turn on the wifi of my Android TV, it shows a wifi direct listed in available networks which is of my laptop running windows 10. Its name is shown as DIRECT-NFPONNUSmsDK. In this, "PONNUS" was the name of my laptop previously. I change the name to Arun. But the...
  8. Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 has a driver problem

Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 has a driver problem: I have a Surface 3 and today when I opened Defender it said Microsoft Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter #2 has a driver problem. I ran troubleshooting and it said it has the latest driver. How do I get the yellow triangle to go away?...
  9. Can not enable Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter

Can not enable Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter: the goal is I want to activate Mobile hotspot that use this driver Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter #4 in order to work. apparently only this adapter, the other virtual adapter didnt work to activate mobile hotspot. but the my Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter is...
  10. Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter

Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter: i m using win10 ver 1803. connectivity problem while using miracast. after doing lots of research i found the problem with Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter. My System Mac address is ba:81:98:26:20:c8. My system is showing Two Wifi direct virtual adapter,1. Microsoft...