Windows 10: Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search

Discus and support Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says, I've uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search. If I click on it nothing happens and it also doesn't show... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hokey1001, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Hokey1001 Win User

Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search

Hello, as the title says, I've uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search. If I click on it nothing happens and it also doesn't show the usual buttons other than "Open" (Open doesn't do anything either).

Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search cf015115-af45-46c6-be3e-0ca16fda03ef?upload=true.png

Here are the pictures showing that it is uninstalled:

Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search 1cc1c600-a77c-4cc6-a256-cec95a9fcd15?upload=true.png

Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search eb9fef4c-8359-4f52-8a78-3b858a72e0e1?upload=true.png

I've seen other posts like this one, but with other apps or multiple "ghost apps" in Windows Search. Reinstalling Minecraft doesn't fix the issue, it shows Minecraft Launcher as a separate result in search, and after uninstalling, it still doesn't go away.

EDIT: This also happens with Epic Games Launcher, it's uninstalled and nothing happens when I click on it.
    Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search 8aa45d25-f5f9-414f-8f05-c8ae7f89d22a?upload=true.png

:)

Hokey1001, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Phaellow Win User
    Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search

So, I installed Classic Shell. The unwanted/uninstalled apps do not show up under the All Programs list, nor do they show up when searching by their name.

Exiting back to the regular Start Menu shows the same erratic behaviour.

Phaellow, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 - Minecraft Download Issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with downloading Minecraft application.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Are you trying to install Minecraft application from Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Corrupt Windows Store cache.

2. Conflict between third party applications.

If you are facing this issue while downloading Minecraft from Windows Store, I suggest you to try these steps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to disable Antivirus software/ Firewall and check if it helps.

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Minecraft still

2. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  3. Programs still showing in search after Uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs still showing in search after Uninstall: When I Uninstall Programs it is still in search, but without an Icon. Because when i Uninstalled OneDrive from my computer and many other programs it showed still the programs in the search bar. Like this https://imgur.com/a/8K7H403 I don't know why this happens every time...
  4. Programs still showing in search after Uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs still showing in search after Uninstall: When I Uninstall Programs it is still in search, but without an Icon. Because when i Uninstalled OneDrive from my computer and many other programs it showed still the programs in the search bar. Like this https://imgur.com/a/8K7H403 I don't know why this happens every time...
  5. Programs still showing in search after Uninstall

6. Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Just-Another-Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m77ogn/uninstalled_program_still_shows_up_in_windows/
  7. Chrome still shows up in Search after being uninstalled?

Chrome still shows up in Search after being uninstalled?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ItsBlinkzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lj6hlj/chrome_still_shows_up_in_search_after_being/
  8. Uninstalled game still pops up on search

Uninstalled game still pops up on search: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stalker2400 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i89jtd/uninstalled_game_still_pops_up_on_search/
  9. Uninstalled Language Still Showing up in the the language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalled Language Still Showing up in the the language bar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Windows keeps giving me the option to switch to a keyboard I don't have installed. When I installed windows for the first time I accidentally clicked both keyboards, after hitting next on the install I realized my mistake and tried to go back to uncheck...
  10. Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search

Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search: When using the Start Menu to search something that has been uninstalled, it still shows up there. It does nothing when pressed, and right-clicking doesn't work, even after reinstalling the app. The apps are present for all users. I tried searching for the links in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i ve uninstalled and application but i can still