Windows 10: Uninstalled Office365, Now Can't Login to Local Win10 PC

Discus and support Uninstalled Office365, Now Can't Login to Local Win10 PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1809 17763.1 Hello all: New kid on the block here. I'm in a serious bind dealing with unusual user account issue and really need... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bkllc, May 31, 2020.

1. bkllc Win User

Uninstalled Office365, Now Can't Login to Local Win10 PC

Windows 10 Version 1809 17763.1

Hello all:
    New kid on the block here. I'm in a serious bind dealing with unusual user account issue and really need help urgently.
    First, I have 2 Dell Optiplex running Windows 10 Pro in a Workgroup. No AD/Domain.

I switched from Office365 to standard desktop Office package. Office365 app was successfully removed using standard uninstall process (thru Control Panel).

At first, everything seems to worked perfectly without a problem, SMTP/IMAP emails all worked fine on desktop Outlook. However, when the PC came back from sleep mode, users where unable to login again. We reboot the PC, still no user account to login with. One will expect Windows to fall back to default account just as it does when you move a PC from Domain to Workgroup.

How can I regain access into the PC using default Windows built-in user account or create new user?
    I have tried booting with Windows DVD media but the C:\Windows\ is not visible. I can see Dell enabled "Secure Boot" in the BIOS, switching to Legacy mode in BIOS gives message that causes the Internal boot media to become unavailable, therefore no C:\Windows\System32"

I just want to regain local access to a stand alone Win10 PC.
    Windows 10 Version 180917763.1

:)

bkllc, May 31, 2020

2. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, May 31, 2020
  3. timmer3 Win User
    Confusion with Office365 login, can't use onedrive / remote login

I took the plunge today and did a clean install of Windows 10 pro downloaded from MSDN. pleased to say it was the best install experience of any OS i've worked with. the performance is also incredible, everything is very snappy & responsive.

during setup, i opted for "my organisation owns this computer" and i signed in with my Office365 (E3) login details, i also opted to apply the default security policies. the office365 account had only been used to sign in to outlook online, and was never used for Azure active directory / windows login. the setup completed and i can log in directly to the desktop no problem. i noticed however that i could not sign in to one drive, i kept getting prompted for the username and password, and it was rejected every time despite being correct. i have no trouble accessing one drive via the web interface. also, now i noticed that i am unable to access this PC when logging in remotely via remote desktop (from a Win 8.1 PC). the credentials are correct.

it's a mystery. i have a microsoft ID (personal email address - no outlook/hotmail/live email etc) that i've had for years and this is linked with a Microsoft Action Pack subscription. i needed to sign in with these credentials on the Visual Studio license activation screen. i now notice that when i sign in to Office365 via web browser, i am prompted with this question (new since installing windows 10):

Sign in with your work or school accountIt looks like L: XYZ@MyCompany.com is used with more than one account. Which account do you want to use?Work or school account (Assigned by your work or school)Microsoft account (Personal account)
    having searched around a lot today, i came across this thread which explains how users are forced to have separate Microsoft accounts - even with the same username/email - to span services like Office365 and MSDN / Action Pack. this seems to describe my situation well, but i can't find any solution to the onedrive & remote login issues. can anyone suggest anything i can try? Many thanks.

timmer3, May 31, 2020
  4. Uninstalled Office365, Now Can't Login to Local Win10 PC

Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled Office365, Now Can't Login to Local Win10 PC

1. Uninstalled Office365, Now Can't Login to Local Win10 PC - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Office365 Can't

2. Can't uninstall Office 2016 - Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall Office 2016 - Win10: Hi, I can't seem to uninstall Office 2016, when I try I get this error code Error code: 30068-44 (1084) I tried running the uninstall in safe mode and tried the official removal tool but so far no luck. I can't install the new version until this one is uninstalled. Any help...
  3. Can't login to local account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  4. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  5. Can't login to local account.

6. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  7. Change login email to local win10 account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change login email to local win10 account.: Hi, my son and his friend have created a new local account on his win 10 desktop. Unfortunately, this new instance has his friends email account linked to it. My sons original account is still on the PC but non of his data, apps etc. How can I change the login email to this...
  8. can't login on win10 local account please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't login on win10 local account please help: I updated win7 to win 10 finally when im going to use it, ask for my local account password when I put on exactly the same password that I used on win7 it says it is incorrect password, I keep trying but it doesn't work ad I need it for school and i don't know what to do, so...
  9. Confusion with Office365 login, can't use onedrive / remote login

Confusion with Office365 login, can't use onedrive / remote login: I took the plunge today and did a clean install of Windows 10 pro downloaded from MSDN. pleased to say it was the best install experience of any OS i've worked with. the performance is also incredible, everything is very snappy & responsive. during setup, i opted for "my...
  10. Win10 PC Won't load, Can't Login, Flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 PC Won't load, Can't Login, Flashing Screen: Desktop PC with Win10 was working fine until I received the anniversary update. Now, when I load the computer, it will go to the login screen but immediately either turn black, or flashing blue screen. No register of any keys, ctrl alt delete, etc. All attempts at repair have...