Windows 10: Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC

Discus and support Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Support tells me to reinstall OneDrive, but when I do it ends up being the OneDrive PWA version looks like a folder with a blue cloud on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillPearson5, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC

Microsoft Support tells me to reinstall OneDrive, but when I do it ends up being the OneDrive PWA version looks like a folder with a blue cloud on the task bar and the correct version which looks like a blue cloud on the taskbar. Right clicking does NOT allow access to Help & Settings where it is possible to unlink the PC.

The issue is that with OneDrive uninstalled, four key folders Attachments, Desktop, Documents and Pictures are still linked with OneDrive under This PC. What can I do to completely unlink OneDrive? I've spent several days with email back and forth to Microsoft Support with no progress! Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC da04e727-be77-4c8d-9918-704b470072c6?upload=true.png Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC 144c6645-4b7f-4836-b058-eb0d6b256c44?upload=true.png

:)

BillPearson5, Jan 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC

Unlink PC from OneDrive

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Unlinking will not create anything

Here you have the steps to unlink one driver the right way

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/uninstall-onedri...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/36246-link-...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC

1. Uninstalled OneDrive on Windows 10 before unlinking PC - Similar Threads - Uninstalled OneDrive before

2. Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it: Recently, I had realized that Onedrive had synced many files that I didn't want to sync. For a while, my solution was to right click on onedrive, hit "free up space", and then quot the app on every boot. This got tedious, so I Uninstaller Onedrive, but I forgot to unlink it...
  3. Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it: Recently, I had realized that Onedrive had synced many files that I didn't want to sync. For a while, my solution was to right click on onedrive, hit "free up space", and then quot the app on every boot. This got tedious, so I Uninstaller Onedrive, but I forgot to unlink it...
  4. OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location: OneDrive is installed as default moved everything around when I upgraded to win11.I WANT IT GONE!I have unlinked OneDrive and prevented it from starting again.Now I would like to restore file locations to standard so all my files is in the same place.Documents, Desktop and...
  5. OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location

OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location: OneDrive is installed as default moved everything around when I upgraded to win11.I WANT IT GONE!I have unlinked OneDrive and prevented it from starting again.Now I would like to restore file locations to standard so all my files is in the same place.Documents, Desktop and...
  6. Unlink Windows 11 after uninstalling Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlink Windows 11 after uninstalling Onedrive: I cannot unlink my Windows 11 PC from OneDrive.When I installed Windows 11 I got annoyed by the computer using my OneDrive documents instead of my own, so I uninstalled OneDrive in hope that it would help.Now I am having critical issues with some programs not working, because...
  7. Unlink Windows 11 after uninstalling Onedrive

Unlink Windows 11 after uninstalling Onedrive: I cannot unlink my Windows 11 PC from OneDrive.When I installed Windows 11 I got annoyed by the computer using my OneDrive documents instead of my own, so I uninstalled OneDrive in hope that it would help.Now I am having critical issues with some programs not working, because...
  8. OneDrive Unlink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Unlink: Hi. My pc storage is full and I was thinking of unlinking my two OneDrive accounts but I am worried that the files I have on them will be permanently removed. What should I do? I don't mind having to access them online if that's the case....
  9. Unlink PC from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink PC from OneDrive: All my folders including my desktop are linked to OneDrive. My local PC User folder (Local Disk (C)>Users>user folder) does not have a desktop folder. If I unlink OneDrive, will a desktop folder be created?...
  10. Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Link or Unlink OneDrive with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Link or Unlink OneDrive with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. By...