Windows 10: Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there...

Discus and support Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I am actually asking this for my Dad who is running Windows 10. He had downloaded (from a website) and installed a sound program (Voicemeeter)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chocoholic, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there...

Hi all,
    I am actually asking this for my Dad who is running Windows 10. He had downloaded (from a website) and installed a sound program (Voicemeeter) but it didn't do what he needed so he uninstalled it and restarted his computer. However, despite restarting, an icon for one of the program's apps is still in the system tray and when he clicks on the icon, the program/app still opens. The app isn't showing in his main tray or I would tell him to go to settings and have it hidden. But he doesn't want it in the tray at all. He doesn't want any evidence of the program anywhere and he is concerned that the program is still installed even though he uninstalled it through the Apps and Programs area.

When that program is installed, it looks like there are several parts to the actual program, almost like several different apps that install with it. However, there is only one uninstall button, and supposedly that uninstalls the whole program.

I'm thinking this may be a cache issue but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out how to fix this, and Googling hasn't really helped me come to a conclusive answer as to what to do. I even installed the program myself, but the icon went away when I uninstalled.

Thanks for any and all help you might have for me!

:)

Chocoholic, Sep 3, 2020

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 3, 2020
  3. IVO
    ivo Win User
    Uninstall gpuz

Hi yesterday I have installed gpuz (TechPowerUp) for show type of memory on my gtx 1070 (micron dam...) after I have uninstall the program but in the menù list on the... show hide icon in the tray menù
    show again TechPowerGPU-Z how I can delete its completely?

bye

4. JJG10 Win User

Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there...

One Drive Icon Missing From System Tray

Eureka! Finally tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive and now cloudy skies are now serene.

JJG10, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there...

1. Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there... - Similar Threads - Uninstalled program system

2. Persistent Other System Tray Icons After Program Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Other System Tray Icons After Program Uninstalled: Hi thereSo I've had this problem for a few days, and have found a solution to remove those apps that are persistent in the Personalization > Taskbar > Other system tray icons" section once the program has been uninstalled.You will need to edit the registry manually as nothing...
  3. Persistent Other System Tray Icons After Program Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Other System Tray Icons After Program Uninstalled: Hi thereSo I've had this problem for a few days, and have found a solution to remove those apps that are persistent in the Personalization > Taskbar > Other system tray icons" section once the program has been uninstalled.You will need to edit the registry manually as nothing...
  4. System tray programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System tray programs: Recently, i removed my taskbar and replaced it with a dock and now i can't see my system tray. Are there any programs that can show me my Windows system tray? ( I'm not talking about stuff like task manager. I want something cleaner and simpler that just show's me what's...
  5. System tray programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System tray programs: I have disabled my taskbar and replaced it with a dock and now i cant see my system tray. Are there any programs to show me my system tray? (I'm not talking about stuff like task manager but more simple like the tray is) submitted by /u/GomotianuGod [link] [comments]...
  6. Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled program, but system tray icon is still there...: Hi all, I am actually asking this for my Dad who is running Windows 10. He had downloaded (from a website) and installed a sound program (Voicemeeter) but it didn't do what he needed so he uninstalled it and restarted his computer. However, despite restarting, an icon for...
  7. Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons: Hello, I have a bit of an odd problem, which is purely cosmetic, yet very frustrating. My system tray apps (notification area, the right part of the taskbar) are almost always showing the icons of other installed apps (Even some that aren't currently running). In addition,...
  8. System Tray Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  9. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  10. Ugly system tray icons

Ugly system tray icons: This is not really a problem, but is there a way to make these icons look better? [img] Especially the Wifi and battery icons. 48490

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have uninstalled but icon still in notification area