Windows 10: Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.

Discus and support Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I disabled the Realtek Jack Mic device in the Recording tab under sound devices and then restarted my laptop.When I restarted it, I wasn't able to hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darsh Panchal, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.

I disabled the Realtek Jack Mic device in the Recording tab under sound devices and then restarted my laptop.When I restarted it, I wasn't able to hear anything from my earphones and then I tried a lot to get back the Realtek Jack Mic device but failed...PLEASE HELP ASAP...

:)

Darsh Panchal, Sep 30, 2021
  2. JOSHSKORN Win User

How can I record playback audio and mic?

LOL it took me a sec. I take it you tried recording yourself with the BAND, "ABBA" via Voice Recorder, and it worked for you.

As for me, no such luck.
    I appreciate the effort you went through to take those screen shots. Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

I actually have a few recording devices plugged into my computer. Originally:
    • Line-In - plugs into the Headphone jack on audio receiver. Currently turned off, so it is listed as "Not Plugged In"
    • Logitech C922x Webcam, has a microphone as well. I disabled the microphone on it, after noticing its mic was picking up sounds when I attempted recording again after changing my settings according to your instructions. Once I disabled this, I saw no green light indicators indicating sound was being picked up.
    • Logitech G933 Headset - this is my default Recording and Playback device (Default Communication device). I did change the default to Stereo Mix as indicated in your instructions, no luck though.
    • Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio - Not Plugged in, as I don't use 3.5mm microphones
    • Stereo Mix - As per your instructions, I made sure this was enabled and set as the Default Device.

Any thoughts as to why I'm having issues getting this to work? Does this by chance have anything to do with the fact that I use USB devices for Recording and Playback?

JOSHSKORN, Sep 30, 2021
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    How can I record playback audio and mic?

I've actually managed to my problem, just by Googling...after finally figuring out what to Google.

Problem: Using Audicity, I wanted to record audio of myself singing karaoke. Sound inputs

• YouTube video playing from Google Chrome
    • G933 Logitech Headset (or any USB mic for that matter)

Two applications required for this. Download these two apps. When installing, make sure you Run As Administrator for each. Install each app, then reboot your PC.

In Windows 10

1. Go to Control Panel>Sounds>Playback and Set CABLE Input as your Default Playback device. Verify that you now have these three additional Playback Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

1. Go to the Recording tab and Set CABLE Output as your Default Recording device. Verify that you now have these three additional Recording Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

In Audacity (Preferences>Settings>Devices):

• Host: MME
    • Playback Device: VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio Voi
    • Recording Device: VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio Vo
    • Channels: 2 (Stereo)

Open Voice Meeter Banana (use the Search box next to the Start button) and change these settings:

• HARDWARE INPUT 1: MME: CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual
    • HARDWARE INPUT 2: MME: Set it to your desired microphone. I used Microphone Logitech G933 Gaming). For this hardware input, select A1 to deselect it. Otherwise, you will hear your voice playing through your Speakers/Headset.
    • HARDWARE OUT: Click A1 and select MME: <your output device>. In my case, MME: Speakers (Logitech G933 Gaming)

To test: Go to Youtube, find a video to play. Go to Audacity. Click Record, then go back to your YouTube video and click play. You should see the sound meter go up and down, in accordance to the track you're playing. Additionally if you speak, you will see your mic's meter rise and fall, as well. Stop the recording when finished. Note that to hear the newly recorded track's audio, you may have to change your Playback sound to your desired device. It i also important to note to reset your Playback device once exiting VoiceMeeter Banana, to your desired audio output device. This can be done by selecting the sound button on your System Tray.

JOSHSKORN, Sep 30, 2021
  4. Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.

1. Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake. - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Realtek Jack

2. playback device unable to use a mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playback device unable to use a mic: hello! so i recently discovered a problem, my playback device cannot be used with a mic, whenever I try to use a mic with the playback device, all audio just stops. btw I am using a Bluetooth headphone that has a mic. thanks for the help! btw please don't tell me to reinstall...
  3. Headphone jack not showing on playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone jack not showing on playback devices: So I want to put my output audio as my earphones and so when I go to playback devices it doesnt show my plugged in esrphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-showing-on-playback-devices/cf78eb7d-fe4f-4ed7-9f2f-8dfda39d3af6
  4. Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10

Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10: Hi Guys, I am having issue with 3.5 mm combo jack , I can use 3.5mm jack using earphone no issue with audio in earphone. Device details : Acer Nitro 4 AN515-31 Windows 10 HOME version : 2004 OS build : 19041.388 Audio driver : [ATTACH] Issue : 1. when i insert...
  5. Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device

Jack Mic Properties - Listen to this device: Hi, I was trying out the feature "listen to this device" under the listen table for Jack Mic Properties. I noticed that if it is checked, people can't heard me during online skype meeting most of the time. They will comment that my voice is breaking or can't hear me or...
  6. How can I record playback audio and mic?

How can I record playback audio and mic?: Basically, I want to record myself singing karaoke. I want to record using my G933 headset (which if you didn't know, has a mic), and also at the same time, record the audio of what YouTube video I'm playing on my computer. Is this possible? I would think it should be. How...
  7. Your Phone Recording and Playback Mic and Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Recording and Playback Mic and Speakers: Just got the "Calls" feature of Your Phone working on my PC. The only issue is that Your Phone does not provide a mechanism to select my preferred mic and speakers. Skype allows selecting the devices, including the Default Communication Devices as set in the Control Panel >...
  8. device manager uninstall by mistake

device manager uninstall by mistake: I was trying to get x-box one working reading old or misreading a site for help I deleted A network adapter uninstalled same thing I guess Can not get it back up or there's maybe a driver problem. Have internet now with vpn turn it off no internet I know I can probably...
  9. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  10. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...