Windows 10: Uninstalled Snip&Sketch, reinstalled, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!!

Discus and support Uninstalled Snip&Sketch, reinstalled, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Uninstalled Snip&Sketch through Apps & Features, reinstalled with Add-Appx command with Admin PowerShell, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pollockLA, Sep 14, 2020.

1. pollockLA Win User

Uninstalled Snip&Sketch, reinstalled, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!!

Uninstalled Snip&Sketch through Apps & Features, reinstalled with Add-Appx command with Admin PowerShell, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!!

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_version_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe/AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Can I provide any other information about the process I took?

:)

pollockLA, Sep 14, 2020

2. Snip & Sketch window fails to stay open

OK, can you reboot and then re-try the Snip & Sketch.

If the problem persists, do the following:

Press Windows Key + I key to open Settings, and click on Apps.

You should already be on Apps & features. Find Sketch & Snip app from the available list of apps.

Click on Snip & Sketch > Uninstall.

Then click on Start and type store and click on Microsoft Store in the results.

In the Microsoft store, type Snip into the search box and hit Enter and Snip & Sketch will be in the results. Click on it and then click on Get. Let it install and then try using it again.

Let me know if this works.

Smug Puppy, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Gen Test Win User
    App location for Snip & Sketch

The Windows 10 Snip & Sketch App is a Microsoft Store (UWP) App, so it does not have a traditional ".exe" file or location that can be accessed to create a hotkey.

If you want to create a Hotkey to a UWP App (eg. Snip & Sketch), the easiest way is:

1. Type Shell:Appsfolder in file explorer's address bar or from the Run dialogue (Win+R)

This will open the "virtual" start menu apps folder for us to work with.

1. Locate the App (eg. Snip & Sketch), right click and select "Create shortcut." Allow the shortcut to be placed on Desktop.
    2. Right click on shortcut, enter properties and customize shortcut key.

Gen Test, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Uninstalled Snip&Sketch, reinstalled, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!!

Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Snip and Sketch app on Windows 10.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to know about
    the information.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try the suggested steps and check if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists try with the method 2.

Method 2

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I key and click on
      Apps
    2. Click on Apps & features. Select Sketch & Snip app from the available list of installed apps.
    3. Click on Snip & Sketch > Advanced Options.
    4. Click on Reset option.
    5. Restart the computer once and check the status of the issue.
    6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Forums

Muralidhar_G, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled Snip&Sketch, reinstalled, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!!

1. Uninstalled Snip&Sketch, reinstalled, Rebooted, App isn't listed in Apps&Features!! - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Snip&Sketch reinstalled

2. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  3. App not working: snip and sketch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App not working: snip and sketch: Snip and sketch is not working. I tried removing the app and reinstalling it but still the same issue. When I try to use it, it will stop working or makes a blank snip. How to fix this?...
  4. App not working: snip and sketch

in Windows 10 Customization
    App not working: snip and sketch: Snip and sketch is not working. I tried removing the app and reinstalling it but still the same issue. When I try to use it, it will stop working or makes a blank snip. How to fix this?...
  5. Snip & Sketch app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  6. Snip & Sketch app

Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  7. Snip & Sketch Feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Feature: I use Snip & Sketch frequently and it's a nice simple tool for most tasks. What it is desperately lacking is a constrain modifier to be able to draw straight lines easily without having to needlessly click and drag tools around. The ruler is very nice, especially for marking...
  8. After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list: Hello, I removed application from the Apps & Features by selecting Uninstall and following the prompts. After it was uninstalled, and after numerous restarts, the application remains listed in the Apps & features list. Modify is greyed out and when Uninstall is selected,...
  9. List of new features in Snip and Sketch app of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List of new features in Snip and Sketch app of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Snip and Sketch is Microsoft’s built-in tool to take a screenshot. It works better than using Print Screen and saving it to MS paint for further edit. However, in Windows 10 v1903, new features in Snip and Sketch have been [...] This post List of new...
  10. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...