Windows 10: Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help.

Discus and support Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know that's stupid but I was really really mad, my internal keyboard did not work, and now I removed my keyboard driver and turned off my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by obadakikar, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help.

I know that's stupid but I was really really mad, my internal keyboard did not work, and now I removed my keyboard driver and turned off my computer, so I couldn't turn on the computer but we did have another computer and so my brother removed my Hard Drive and Removed his Hard Drive and switched it, our computer was kind of similar so it did work, But I do want my old PC back.

Old PC: Lenovo X230

New PC: Lenovo L530

Can someone help me?

:)

obadakikar, Feb 25, 2019
  2. bn45j Win User

accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver

I accidentally deleted the standard ps/2 keyboard driver which came pre-installed with my windows installation now my keyboard is not working. please help.

bn45j, Feb 25, 2019
  3. PronoyRoy Win User
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard has a driver problem (Code 39)

Laptop keyboard [Standard PS/2 Keyboard] has stopped working.

Error message as shown below:

[Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.]

Have tried the following option-

1. Troubleshooting option through Control Panel-Hardware and Devices- then restarting system

2. Uninstalling the device and restarting the system.

Both have failed to solve the issue.

Q1. Am i missing any step here?

Q2. Are there other alternatives i can try to restore device ?

PronoyRoy, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Teddbb Win User

Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help.

ps/2 drivers conflict

As far as I can tell this is the problem. Installed an xbox 360 controller onto the pc for games. At time had a corded keyboard and mouse. Stopped using the 360. Suddenly had problems booting the computer where it would either not boot at all, boot up and
    then freeze or boot up and blue screen or suddenly spontaneously reboot.

Discovered somewhere (event log or something) that mouse and keyboard drivers were not loading properly during these incidents. After numerous attempts to fix this uninstalled regular keyboard and mouse and installed plug and play wireless mouse and keyboard.
    Everything worked fine.

Later reinstalled xbox 360 controller and problems started over again with booting.

Now here is what I can see. In device manager under both keyboard and mouse there is HID compliant mouse and keyboard and those are both listed as "working properly". Along with those are ps/2 mouse and keyboard both with triangular icons with the ! mark.
    Those are listed as not present or ...... etc.

Have uninstalled the ps/2 s. Have disabled them thinking every reboot just reinstalls etc. But they dont go away.

Once I can get the computer up and running then uninstalling ps/2 mouse and keyboard seems to allow the computer to work fine until I reboot or turn it off and then back on and then the process of attempting to boot 3-6 times until something catches and
    I end up with enough time to go to device manager.

Anybody have any ideas? Is there a way to turn the computer off and when you turn it back on have only the HID compliant mouse and keyboard load? Or maybe that has nothing to do with it. Thanks in advance.

Teddbb, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help.

1. Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help. - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Standard Keyboard

2. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  3. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  4. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  6. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  7. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. standard ps/2 keyboard drivers

standard ps/2 keyboard drivers: my device keyboard is not working because of mismatch of driver,what is the best driver for standard ps2 keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-ps2-keyboard-drivers/bcc4fc2d-83d6-4d9f-b2ae-727b612bafd6
  9. Problem with Standard PS/2 Keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Standard PS/2 Keyboard driver: I want to disable my built in laptop keyboard but the driver keeps installing itself back up. I want ahead and opened gpedit.msc where I added all three of it's ip to the restricted list but it still installs back up. I am at a loss of what should I do at this point as this...
  10. standard ps 2 keyboard drivers

standard ps 2 keyboard drivers: [ATTACH] I accidentally delete the drive that can type in the keyboard, the keyboard name is "standard ps 2 keyboard drivers" so which website can re-install again. My laptop is HP 15 and I have Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps/2 keyboard driver deleted

2. deleted ps/2 keyboard drivers

3. standard ps/2 keyboard driver missing www.windowsphoneinfo.com

4. reinstall standard ps/2 keyboard,
  5. uninstalled ps/2 keyboard driver