Windows 10: Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to...

Discus and support Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided I did not want to use the Blue Mail app. so I uninstalled it from my Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11. Now when I start my Surface, I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanComstock1, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to...

I decided I did not want to use the Blue Mail app. so I uninstalled it from my Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11. Now when I start my Surface, I get a message that says "you need a new app to open this me.blueone.win link." How do I stop this message from appearing every time I turn on my Surface?* Moved from Community Participation Center* Original title: Windows Blue Mail App

:)

AlanComstock1, Jan 12, 2022
  2. vallero Win User

cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says  "you need a new app to... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 12, 2022
  4. philc43 Win User

Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to...

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to...

1. Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to... - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Blue Mail

2. Blue Mail app !

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Blue Mail app !: I have been using the "Calendar/Mailbox app out of the Microsoft store for a long time now. Over the last few weeks I have been having various problems with it. I have been looking in the "Store" and see there is a "Blue Mail app" which is strongly recommended. Just wondering...
  3. Blue Mail app !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Mail app !: I have been using the "Calendar/Mailbox app out of the Microsoft store for a long time now. Over the last few weeks I have been having various problems with it. I have been looking in the "Store" and see there is a "Blue Mail app" which is strongly recommended. Just wondering...
  4. Blue Mail app !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled the Blue Mail App. Message now on startup that says "you need a new app to...: I decided I did not want to use the Blue Mail app. so I uninstalled it from my Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11. Now when I start my Surface, I get a message that says "you need a new app to open this me.blueone.win link." How do I stop this message from appearing every time I...
  6. Mail App not auto-populating "To" field in new message

Mail App not auto-populating "To" field in new message: Purchased new PC so new to Windows 10. Want to use Mail App and was able to set up a POP3 account, the email address was recognized and mail is coming through. I determined that I needed to use the People App to create contacts which obviously uses Outlook (which I never used...
  7. it says i need a new app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    it says i need a new app: how can I upgrade Microsoft store so I can download from it it says I need a new app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-i-need-a-new-app/ca2e5324-8146-4654-a93f-931aadeec1d6"
  8. Need to uninstall the Mail app

Need to uninstall the Mail app: I hate orphaned software and the Mail app is unmanageable and useless to me. How can I uninstall this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-uninstall-the-mail-app/099590d2-06c8-471c-ab46-a9a1ae828932
  9. New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh: Hi Community, I am getting the "you will need a new app ms-wpc" message on a brand new computer. I am simply trying to download another browser other than MS Edge and Java afterwords. I have already tried: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest =...
  10. delete / uninstall mail app

in Browsers and Email
    delete / uninstall mail app: Anyone know how to delete the mail app? Uninstall the mail app? NOT delete the account. It doesn't even let you delete an account in 10240. At least there is no option. Uninstall the mail app completely? Getting very annoyed with 10. Lots of issues. Going back to...