Windows 10: Uninstalled USB Root Hubs, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PC gone

Discus and support Uninstalled USB Root Hubs, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PC gone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was in device manager trying to fix a problem. A site told me to delete the USB Root Hubs, so I did. I uninstalled two named USB Root Hub and there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James&Franklin, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Uninstalled USB Root Hubs, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PC gone

I was in device manager trying to fix a problem. A site told me to delete the USB Root Hubs, so I did. I uninstalled two named USB Root Hub and there was no problem. Then I uninstalled something named similar to "USB Root Hub USB 3.0". Computer completey froze and broke immedietly.

Could not press any keys on my keyboard, could not move the mouse, the computer was absolutely froze on the screen until I force shut it off. Turned on my computer again, blue screen, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, Automatic Repair and Diagnoses was not able to start. My PC was not able to start. Mouse and keyboard thankfully work, but nothing in advanced options does anything.

Reset this PC? "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

System Restore? "You must enable system protection on this drive"

I was able to force a system restore using command prompt. It failed as well. "System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed"

The only hope I can see if through command prompt somehow I can reinstall whatever USB Root Hub USB 3.0 was. Any advice?

:)

James&Franklin, Dec 17, 2020

2. Uninstalled usb root hub

Rebooting the PC will fix the problem.

Frederik Long, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Uninstalled usb root hub

can someone pls help me i uninstalled my usb root hubs

RubyPro388, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Uninstalled USB Root Hubs, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PC gone

USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled USB Root Hubs, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PC gone

1. Uninstalled USB Root Hubs, stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PC gone - Similar Threads - Uninstalled USB Root

2. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  3. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  4. USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38: we been having this issue where all usb port goes down on different computers with different models the only permanent solution we have found is installing a usb card once the driver for the card are installed all the port com back up. we have tried multiple fixes on the...
  5. USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38

USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38: we been having this issue where all usb port goes down on different computers with different models the only permanent solution we have found is installing a usb card once the driver for the card are installed all the port com back up. we have tried multiple fixes on the...
  6. USB Root Hub USB 3.0 CODE 38

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB root hub is not longer there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  8. USB root hub is not longer there

USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  9. I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.: I know what I did was stupid, but let me explain why I did it. Basically I was having issues with my windows mixed reality headset and decided to uninstall it to see if I just had to reinstall the driver. However, when i restarted it didn't reinstall the driver. So here I am,...
  10. USB Root Hub 30

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Root Hub 30: USB Root Hub 30 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-root-hub-30/54ec05da-a825-4a2a-b365-5048616b1e43