Windows 10: Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

Discus and support Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upgrade to windows 11 caused problem on apps expecting the old notepad from window 10.1. Tried changing the execution alias for notepad. WINKEY + R... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph Stateson, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

Upgrade to windows 11 caused problem on apps expecting the old notepad from window 10.1. Tried changing the execution alias for notepad. WINKEY + R runs the old notepad but Clicking on any text file bring up the new store notepad2. Uninstalled the UWP notepadClicking on any text file request that I supply an app. I then specified the notepad.exe in system32 which is the old notepad.I am not allowed to associate .txt with the old notepad. Why?

:)

Joseph Stateson, Nov 24, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Associate .dat files to NotePad

Hi Rick

Right click a dat file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open dat . . .'

If Notepad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Notepad is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the Notepad application in C:\Windows\System32

DaveM121, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Asylum Win User
    Notepad Question

Yea i picked that up last night.

Works much better than regular notepad.

Asylum, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

Associate .dat files to NotePad

I am trying to associate a .dat created by one of my software packages with Notepad so that the file that is created can be saved to my computer. When I go to the Associate App page in Settings and click on .dat it gives me a message that no app is downloaded
    to use for .dat files. Notepad is on my computer. Why will it not allow me to use it for the association?

RickLoggins, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

1. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32 - Similar Threads - Uninstalled UWP notepad

2. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32: Upgrade to windows 11 caused problem on apps expecting the old notepad from window 10.1. Tried changing the execution alias for notepad. WINKEY + R runs the old notepad but Clicking on any text file bring up the new store notepad2. Uninstalled the UWP notepadClicking on any...
  3. Cannot [aste clipboard into Notepad or Notepad++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot [aste clipboard into Notepad or Notepad++: I asm running Windows 10 on two devices iMac desktop and a MacBook Pro laptop using Parallels , and cannot past the content of the clipboard created in Mac applictions example: Excel and webpages 0or webpage data from Edge while in Windows 10 to either Windows Notepad of the...
  4. Cannot [aste clipboard into Notepad or Notepad++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot [aste clipboard into Notepad or Notepad++: I asm running Windows 10 on two devices iMac desktop and a MacBook Pro laptop using Parallels , and cannot past the content of the clipboard created in Mac applictions example: Excel and webpages 0or webpage data from Edge while in Windows 10 to either Windows Notepad of the...
  5. Cannot [aste clipboard into Notepad or Notepad++

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to create a link in notepad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a link in notepad?: Title basically, I have a youtube link that I want to be clickable rather then having to copy and paste the link into a browser. submitted by /u/S0XKS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7d6q8/how_to_create_a_link_in_notepad/
  7. Associate .dat files to NotePad

Associate .dat files to NotePad: I am trying to associate a .dat created by one of my software packages with Notepad so that the file that is created can be saved to my computer. When I go to the Associate App page in Settings and click on .dat it gives me a message that no app is downloaded to use for .dat...
  8. All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!: Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo. https://prnt.sc/qf2ukf https://prnt.sc/qf2usd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-exe-icon-are-notepad-icons-and-they-open-in/43bc3b50-c84c-4394-9524-83d016bee18e"
  9. .exe files opening in notepad

.exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  10. Cannot write in notepad..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write in notepad..: I cannot write anything in the Notepad.. how to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-write-in-notepad/f65ce1ef-50c1-4e8a-9e78-b884398040bb