Windows 10: Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus

Discus and support Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender antivirus got accidentally uninstalled, a week had passed before I was able to notice it, can I reinstall my windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatrickAcer, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus

My windows defender antivirus got accidentally uninstalled, a week had passed before I was able to notice it, can I reinstall my windows defender antivirus back? Do I have to install a new version? Do I have to pay for it or is it free? Is it safe to download this program online without any active antivirus program running on my laptop at the moment? Please, I badly need your help.

:)

PatrickAcer, Jan 9, 2021
  2. NUS
    Nus Win User

Bug: Notifications Remnants & Defender Off After Antivirus Uninstall

This seems like a bug or, at least, messy leftovers.

I uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus but it is still showing up in the list of apps to show notifications for.

Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus [​IMG]

The Windows Defender services have not started back up either and the settings page is greyed out.

Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus [​IMG]

I'm not worried about Windows Defender, I expect I can get it running if I wanted to, just thought I'd point this out.

I would like to get rid of Bitdefender in the notifications list though. Anyone know of a safe registry hack for this?

3. Uninstalled the other antivirus but can't make Defender active.

I have uninstall the other antivirus but can't being able to active defender . It still show you have another antivirus . so how could I make defender please suggest..

Original title: how to make acive o defender

dhirenthakulla, Jan 9, 2021
  4. afornal Win User

Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus

1. Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Defender Antivirus

2. Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH] [Original Title: Windows Defender Antivirus]...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Defender and Antivirus

Windows Defender and Antivirus: Most of the users do not want to use paid Antivirus software and use Windows Defender Antivirus. But some do have trust on Microsoft Defender and use paid anti-virus software.But what is your response? Comment below....
  5. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  6. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  7. Windows defender antivirus

Windows defender antivirus: I have been writing programs on my computer system for years and after the last windows 10 update the defender destroys the program. It's driving me crazy. The program I write is written with Swiftforth and every time I compile the program after its destruction and try to...
  8. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea
  10. Uninstall antivirus

Uninstall antivirus: how do i uninstall my antivirus in win 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/uninstall-antivirus/8a442bc0-fa5c-46e9-8db9-69404e879348"