Windows 10: Uninstalled Windows while the PC was still in Safe Mode

Discus and support Uninstalled Windows while the PC was still in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A relative of mine was working on my PC which is an HP Envy All-In-One and the PC was in safe mode, then he used a HP OEM factory reset tool and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BLAZNGCOLDBACON, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Uninstalled Windows while the PC was still in Safe Mode

A relative of mine was working on my PC which is an HP Envy All-In-One and the PC was in safe mode, then he used a HP OEM factory reset tool and now when it starts up, the installation of windows will not go through and a notification pops up saying "Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer" However when it is restart, the same error pops up. Is there any fix to this, or is the pc pretty much done for, considering that it is an OEM AIO.

:)

BLAZNGCOLDBACON, Jun 25, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

explorer.exe will not run other than in safe mode

MS suggests:
    Once your PC is in Safe Mode, reinstall your display adapter driver.

• Type device manager into the search box on the taskbar, and then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click the display adapter and select Uninstall > OK.
    • Restart your PC.

dalchina, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Uninstalled Windows while the PC was still in Safe Mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Uninstalled Windows while the PC was still in Safe Mode

1. Uninstalled Windows while the PC was still in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Uninstalled while was

2. Windows Security not scanning while in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security not scanning while in safe mode.: I'm suspicious my computer might have virus, so I put computer in safe mode. When I run scan it will not work says Full scan running...Estimates time remaining: 00:00:000 files scanned.Says thus for ever. How do I fix the problem?...
  3. Windows Security not scanning while in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security not scanning while in safe mode.: I'm suspicious my computer might have virus, so I put computer in safe mode. When I run scan it will not work says Full scan running...Estimates time remaining: 00:00:000 files scanned.Says thus for ever. How do I fix the problem?...
  4. Windows Security not scanning while in safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?: Hey, so i had reinstalled windows on my laptop and after that the very next day i had to reset it again because of startup error and now my pc is not working properly and i want to go back to my old windowsthe windows before the reinstall i have no restoreofc they were gone...
  6. Reset PC while in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC while in safe mode?: I keep getting this popup that says “Microsoft Windows is not responding”, and I tried everything that I could to fix it but none of them worked. I then asked the original owner and builder of the PC and he told me that it might be just a Windows problem and I should just...
  7. PC freezes but not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes but not in safe mode: So i posted an earlier post about this problem, and a comment said to run driver verifier so i did and got this specific BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmgvmiHbr9YqlESztifJVfivSm-u?e=rReFu6. MY pc got this problem ever since we moved and had no internet for a while and after...
  8. bcdedit not working while in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bcdedit not working while in safe mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TRQ7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiqolg/bcdedit_not_working_while_in_safe_mode/
  9. A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode: I was bothered for an entire night, for my laptop won't go sleep even if I click the sleep button. The fans and keyboard lights were on and the screen turned on automatically from time to time. But when I unplugged the power, it slept normally. After searching on the...
  10. PC stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stuck in safe mode: PC is stuck in safe mode. Cannot get to login screen, just keeps trying to repair and it can't. Nothing has worked so far. ACER PC, windows10 HELP!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-in-safe-mode/8886bc15-7d7a-46fd-89e2-a8aa2bbae705