Windows 10: Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu

Discus and support Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just uninstalled a couple of Windows Store (or UWP) apps and while they did uninstall successfully, it left behind multiple icons on the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ITtLEaLLen, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu

So I just uninstalled a couple of Windows Store (or UWP) apps and while they did uninstall successfully, it left behind multiple icons on the start menu. I've tried everything from resetting (running WSReset) to clearing registry keys but to no avail. Since these are store apps, I'm unable to simply right click and open file location, it only shows uninstall (which does nothing). Does anyone know how to remove leftover/corrupted UWP app icons on the start menu?

submitted by /u/ITtLEaLLen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ITtLEaLLen, Jan 5, 2021
  2. xraiderv1 Win User

start menu stuck displaying all apps

so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this?

Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu [​IMG]

xraiderv1, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

Hello all,

Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall.

However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and select 'Don't show in this list', it still remains and won't budge.

Is there a manual way of removing it from the list?

Thanks! Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu :)

sheldorbaz1nga, Jan 5, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu

dalchina, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu

1. Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Apps Stuck

2. Start menu stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu stuck: Dears ,even after updating windows version to 23h2 search menu and start menu stuck and restarting file explorer is not a solution . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck/9c177b0e-056b-4c42-8216-54575bd6a889
  3. Start menu stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu stuck: Dears ,even after updating windows version to 23h2 search menu and start menu stuck and restarting file explorer is not a solution . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck/9c177b0e-056b-4c42-8216-54575bd6a889
  4. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  5. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  6. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...
  7. Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu: I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled a program, battle.net , and now when I search in the start menu for it, the old icon pops up above the newly installed one. The old icon does nothing when I click on it, and it also doesn't have the battlenet icon, it's just a generic...
  8. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu: I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone. Bloons TD...
  9. Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps: I have uninstalled several apps from the Microsoft Store, and also gone into the store and hidden them in my library. However, the start menu insists on continuing to show these apps. I have also gone in start menu programs in file explorer, but it doesn't show these. How can...
  10. start menu stuck displaying all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu stuck displaying all apps: so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this? [img] 60633