Windows 10: Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work

Discus and support Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day all, I was having trouble with Zonealarm sucking up giant swaths of my CPU output, so I decided to uninstall it. I couldn't do it in regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hishighness420, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work

Good day all, I was having trouble with Zonealarm sucking up giant swaths of my CPU output, so I decided to uninstall it. I couldn't do it in regular windows 10 so I booted into safe mode and uninstalled it. Now when I boot back in to regular windows all my networking won't work, cabled or wifi.

I tried using the zonealarm uninstall tool but apparently it's only for Windows 7. I tried reinstalling Zone Alarm that I got on another PC onto a usb stick so I could remove it properly but every copy I can find requires the internet to connect to to download the software.

Any help that could be offered would be most appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.

:)

hishighness420, Dec 27, 2018
  2. spunk Win User

Unable to uninstall Zone Alarm ?

Right click the Taskbar and start the Task Manager. Take the drop down arrow and choose More Details. Under the Processes tab look for Zone Alarm and highlight it and End the Process.
    Now use the Zone Alarm Uninstall tool ZoneAlarm Uninstall Tool Download
    We don't suggest Reinstalling Zone Alarm, you really don't need it. We find it creates false positives and blocks web traffic that is not harmful. You really only need the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

spunk, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Arcadian Win User
    Unable to uninstall Zone Alarm ?

Had Zone Alarm for years and like it, however during a routine ZAlarm update for some reason it stuck at about 27% and wouldn't move. Eventually decided to uninstall and re-install via their support desk but now keep getting "Unable to stop Zone Alarm".

All this might have been caused by occasionally using Win 7 on the same router I don't know, but is there a way to completely remove/ uninstall the old one before I can replace with a new one ?

Thanks

Arcadian, Dec 27, 2018
  4. RolandJS Win User

Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work

Zone Alarm Pro

Perhaps it was "told" to uninstall; maybe don't count out Zone Alarm Pro or free just yet. What happened when you attempted to reinstall it?

RolandJS, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work

1. Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Zone Alarm

2. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: After uninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS (with FW), win10 (v20H2 b19842.804) starts to safe mode. Probably there will be some rest of the installation that prevents normal. Although MSConfig cancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or...
  3. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: Afteruninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS with FW, win10 starts tosafe mode.Probably there will besome rest of the installation that prevents normal.Although MSConfigcancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or minimal safeboot. I.e.do not...
  4. Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot, won't repair BSOD trying to boot safe mode: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10, I have version 2004. It has 3 SSDs. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night it crashed 3 times and after the 3rd time, it won't boot up anymore. I ran chkdsk, I've attached results below. I used Hiren's BootCD and saved...
  5. cant open safe mode with net...

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant open safe mode with net...: this is an hp notebook, 16gb ram, 1 tb ssd running win 10 pro. i have tried using my main account thru settings etc and it refuses to accept my windows password. (see pix 1 ). i created a local account , which only allows safe mode, no net which won't help with kaspersky...
  6. Zone Alarm Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Zone Alarm Pro: Hi Guys A warning and a question for those running Zone Alarm free or Pro Antivirus / Firewall. it was running perfectly fine on my windows 10 pro machine however after the anniversary update it has uninstalled itself without warning . I am unsure if this occurs...
  7. Unable to uninstall Zone Alarm ?

Unable to uninstall Zone Alarm ?: Had Zone Alarm for years and like it, however during a routine ZAlarm update for some reason it stuck at about 27% and wouldn't move. Eventually decided to uninstall and re-install via their support desk but now keep getting "Unable to stop Zone Alarm". All this might have...
  8. Anybody have experience with Zone Alarm?

Anybody have experience with Zone Alarm?: I got rid of Privatefirewall, and installed Zone Alarm. I noticed that when I installed Privatefirewall, it would ask me to do everything for the first time. And I could set it to remember. Even if I was just saving a document. Zone Alarm doesn't seem to be doing this. It...
  9. Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't work in Safe Mode: Is there any downside to performing a Repair Install? I've been stumped by an issue: my mouse will not work in Safe Mode. It works in BIOS (a UEFI bios); it works in WinPE rescue media; it works in Macrium Rescue media; it works in Windows 10. I've tried selecting every...
  10. Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work: Folks, This should be simple... I can boot into Safe Mode. That's cool. Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums Unfortunately, I cannot use my USB mouse. I can use it in BIOS, but not in Safe Mode. It is attached to a motherboard USB header, directly,...