Windows 10: Uninstalling a driver completely

Discus and support Uninstalling a driver completely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope this makes sense. I had a Samsung 208 DVD/CD reader/writer which was fine with Windows 7 but only worked spasmodically with Windows 10. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GordonHastie1, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Uninstalling a driver completely

I hope this makes sense. I had a Samsung 208 DVD/CD reader/writer which was fine with Windows 7 but only worked spasmodically with Windows 10. I tried uninstalling the device many times, with only temporary success before I got the error code 38 yet again. So last week I bought for £25 a Hitachi DVD/CD reader/writer, which was fine to begin with. Then, an attempted CD rip stopped; I opened Device Manager, and found that the driver not only for the Hitachi but also the Samsung reader wasn't working - error code 38 yet again. I hadn't expected to see the driver for the Samsung. To cut a l

:)

GordonHastie1, Jul 25, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling a driver completely :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Uninstalling a driver completely

There can be some cases where a driver becomes corrupted which can lead to many of the issues like BSODs, Device not working properly etc. To troubleshoot this issue, completely removing the driver from the System and reinstalling the latest one helps.

This article is in 2 parts-one Uninstalling the Device driver and second is to reinstall the device driver.

Uninstalling the Driver

To completely remove the driver, please follow the below steps:

For Windows 10/8.1

• Right Click Start Button and Select Device Manager

• Uninstalling a driver completely 4cc8607d-bc04-443d-9797-6ea7926aed97?upload=true.png
    For Windows 7

• Open Run by Pressing Windows key+R Simaltaneously.
    • Type in Diskmgmt.msc and Press Enter.
    • On the new Window that opens, Device Manager Window opens that shows every device installed on your computer.

• Uninstalling a driver completely 8dc42c10-96eb-4487-a3be-26a1b3cd45d4?upload=true.png
    • To uninstall the driver from your computer, expand the respective category. For example, I am here uninstalling my Bluetooth Driver.
    • Do this for the driver you are told to. Expand the List:

• Uninstalling a driver completely d9cf73f0-2ef5-46a8-af81-89ab85878693?upload=true.png
    • Now, the next step is to uninstall the device. For that, right-click the Device and click Uninstall.

• Uninstalling a driver completely ed397e97-291c-4b25-9dbd-627146d709b8?upload=true.png
    • On the new Window, Check the box, delete the device software for this device and click Uninstall.

• Uninstalling a driver completely 15a10a07-99bb-47b7-b3fc-7b6cce17491a?upload=true.png

• Reboot the Computer.
    Reinstalling the device

• To get the newest copy of the driver available, head over to the manufacturer website and download the newest copy of the driver available. The
      Driver Reference Table also lists the device driver websites but it is recommended that you go to the manufacturer website for getting the latest drivers.

Sumit - Insider MVP, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Uninstalling a driver completely

Uninstalling A Driver

Hello Zainab,

Issue as such may occur if your device is under a controlled or restricted network. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we’d like to know if your device is connected to a domain run by an organization.

As an alternative, we suggest that you follow the steps below to uninstall driver:

• In the Search box, type Programs
      and Features and press
      Enter
    • Locate the driver that you want to uninstall.
    • Right-click on the driver that you want install and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Uninstalling a driver completely

1. Uninstalling a driver completely - Similar Threads - Uninstalling driver completely

2. Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver: Recently I upgraded to windows 11 but I soon started having issues with my audio, so I went into device manager, went under audio inputs and outputs and proceeded to uninstall the drivers from there. Since then no matter what I try I cannot get them to reappear, despite...
  3. Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows audio completely broken after uninstalling driver: Recently I upgraded to windows 11 but I soon started having issues with my audio, so I went into device manager, went under audio inputs and outputs and proceeded to uninstall the drivers from there. Since then no matter what I try I cannot get them to reappear, despite...
  4. How to completely clean uninstall driver, even if it's pre-installed

How to completely clean uninstall driver, even if it's pre-installed: Hello everyone. I have a problem related to my WiFi driver, and it's completely deteriorating my laptop.After I updated my windows, somehow my WiFi disappeared. Later I checked on the driver and they had an Error 10 the device is unable to start. To solve this problem, I...
  5. Audio driver does not completely uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver does not completely uninstall: I want to update my audio drivers. Unfortunately, the Audio driver update that my manufacturer provided is a major update, and updating it with my current driver installed causes the audio to get distorted.But when I try to uninstall the audio driver, it does not get...
  6. Audio driver does not completely uninstall

Audio driver does not completely uninstall: I want to update my audio drivers. Unfortunately, the Audio driver update that my manufacturer provided is a major update, and updating it with my current driver installed causes the audio to get distorted.But when I try to uninstall the audio driver, it does not get...
  7. Complete Uninstall

Complete Uninstall: 3-31-2020 Thanks for any help. I have uninstalled Macrium Reflect in the normal way but it has left garbage on my computer. It seems that Microsoft has sown it into Windows 10. How can I completely get rid of it????????? 153328
  8. How to Completely Uninstall Driver/Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Completely Uninstall Driver/Tablet Mode: I've been trying for more than a month now to uninstall Tablet Mode on my laptop to accommodate the driver for my art tablet. However, whenever I try connecting the two devices, there always seem to be issues. I uninstalled the Lenovo Pen Features, and the art tablet driver...
  9. Uninstall Norton completely!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Norton completely!: I have uninstalled Norton Security and have installed Kaspersky instead, and there is now no evidence of Norton anywhere on my laptop, however on occasion when I try to open an attachment in an email it is blocked by 'Norton Symantec'? How is this possible when it is...
  10. Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling OneDrive COMPLETELY: So i noticed after "uninstalling" onedrive, there is still a folder in users/username/onedrive and the fun part, is that pictures, documents, and desktop folders are all automatically in there, and you cant change it!! So i went looking for a solution. Didnt find one. So i...