Windows 10: Uninstalling a printer.

Discus and support Uninstalling a printer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickQuirk, Dec 7, 2019.

1. RickQuirk Win User

Uninstalling a printer.

I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so.

:)

RickQuirk, Dec 7, 2019

2. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 - Uninstall/Print Problems

Hi,

I appreciate for trying the steps to uninstall the printer.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Is the printer connected through wired or wireless?

• When you say “uninstall/remove device from system part just hangs with a green bar that continues blissfully” what exact error message/error code do you receive?

• Are you the admin of the computer?
    Let’s follow the steps below to uninstall the printer.

As an initial steps, I suggest you to try uninstalling the printer application through Programs and Features and check if it helps.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

• In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

• Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Reference: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Uninstalling a printer.

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling a printer.

1. Uninstalling a printer. - Similar Threads - Uninstalling printer

2. Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall: Current version of Windows 11 - Problem has been in place for a few weeks now.Originally had problems printing a pdf document that seemed to stop the print spooler. Document prints fine on Windows 10.Even with restarting the spooler I couldn't get anything to print at...
  3. Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall: Current version of Windows 11 - Problem has been in place for a few weeks now.Originally had problems printing a pdf document that seemed to stop the print spooler. Document prints fine on Windows 10.Even with restarting the spooler I couldn't get anything to print at...
  4. Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled: Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-printer-not-listed/bb6bebdb-2407-4a9a-9e3b-0e6d4a06f112
  5. Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled

Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled: Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-printer-not-listed/bb6bebdb-2407-4a9a-9e3b-0e6d4a06f112
  6. I uninstalled an HP printer, but when i start my PC its looking for a dll that no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled an HP printer, but when i start my PC its looking for a dll that no longer...: I recently uninstalled my HP Photosmart 7520 from my laptop. Now every time I bootup I receive a message: C:Programfiles\HP\HPPhotosmart7520series\bin\HPstatusBL.dll can't be found. I went to Uninstall Programs, and its no longer there. What can I do to stop my laptop from...
  7. I uninstalled an HP printer, but when i start my PC its looking for a dll that no longer...

I uninstalled an HP printer, but when i start my PC its looking for a dll that no longer...: I recently uninstalled my HP Photosmart 7520 from my laptop. Now every time I bootup I receive a message: C:Programfiles\HP\HPPhotosmart7520series\bin\HPstatusBL.dll can't be found. I went to Uninstall Programs, and its no longer there. What can I do to stop my laptop from...
  8. I uninstalled an HP printer, but when i start my PC its looking for a dll that no longer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...
  10. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...