Windows 10: Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?

Discus and support Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to uninstall the Norton Security Ultra program on my computer. I honestly don't know how it got on there in the first place. It may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LaneChristilles, May 19, 2022.

1. Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?

I'm trying to uninstall the Norton Security Ultra program on my computer. I honestly don't know how it got on there in the first place. It may have come predownloaded with Windows, I guess. I try to uninstall it using the control panel, but every time I do, all it says is "Another installer is currently running. Please wait for it to complete and try again" but I don't know what else could be running. I don't have anything open and yet it still shows that. Anything advice to remedy this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

LaneChristilles, May 19, 2022

2. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 19, 2022
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this? :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 19, 2022
  4. Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?

1. Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - Uninstalling program keeps

2. I can't remove the file "aow_drv_x64" because it says it's running in another program, I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove the file "aow_drv_x64" because it says it's running in another program, I...: I can't delete the file "aow_drv_x64_ev.sys" because it says it's running in another programand I've tried the way.Right-click on Command Prompt then select “Run as Administrator” press Enternet stop aow_drv "...service was stopped successfully. Close Command Prompt once it...
  3. I can't remove the file "aow_drv_x64" because it says it's running in another program, I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove the file "aow_drv_x64" because it says it's running in another program, I...: I can't delete the file "aow_drv_x64_ev.sys" because it says it's running in another programand I've tried the way.Right-click on Command Prompt then select “Run as Administrator” press Enternet stop aow_drv "...service was stopped successfully. Close Command Prompt once it...
  4. How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?: I had a super old game on disc that I was trying to install and run, the former happened and I couldn't make the latter happen, so I tried to just uninstall the game altogether. Windows asks me if I want to let rundll32 edit files, and I click yes, and I immediately get an...
  5. How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?: I had a super old game on disc that I was trying to install and run, the former happened and I couldn't make the latter happen, so I tried to just uninstall the game altogether. Windows asks me if I want to let rundll32 edit files, and I click yes, and I immediately get an...
  6. How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?: I'm trying to uninstall the Norton Security Ultra program on my computer. I honestly don't know how it got on there in the first place. It may have come predownloaded with Windows, I guess. I try to uninstall it using the control panel, but every time I do, all it says is...
  8. Uninstall: Another program is being installed issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall: Another program is being installed issue: Trying to uninstall Asus apps but I get : Another program is being installed and I should wait till it's finished, but there is no app being installed.Can I switch this off/registry hack???Thanks...
  9. Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs: When I try to do anything such as install something from adobes, uninstall anything or just try and open a game sometimes, my computer pops up an error saying the file location of what I am doing then "A device attached to the system is not functioning." The only things I...
  10. Trying to download a program and it pops up saying "Another program is installing and I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to download a program and it pops up saying "Another program is installing and I...: I have an ASUS Windows 10 computer. I am trying to install updates for onw of my programs and it continues to pop up that another program is being installed and needs to finish before I can install the another. HELP!...