Windows 10: Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

Discus and support Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by leftisthominid, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not.

If I download the latest installer from their website, it says it senses the latest version and refuses to do anything.

I then deleted its Program Files folder, and tried to reinstall it (so I can fully uninstall it...). This recreates the program files, but it doesn't make it show up within add/remove.

How do I get rid of it?

:)

leftisthominid, Jul 1, 2019

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

1. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs - Similar Threads - Uninstalling program add

2. Cannot uninstall programs via "Add or Remove Programs"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall programs via "Add or Remove Programs": I'm trying to go through my Windows 10 PC and clean out old programs that I no longer use, but there are a few programs such as this video game that I cannot uninstall via Windows' "Add or Remove Programs" menu. When selecting "Uninstall", I'm given an error message such as...
  3. Unable to uninstall app from Add/remove programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to uninstall app from Add/remove programs: Good Evening sir, I am unable to remove an app and it has no name with size showing 3.14TB ....when i searched for it in Microsoft fix it i found some program named Name not found and another one as not listed and am unable to uninstall it through microsoft fix it also...what...
  4. Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program: Installed TurboTax 2020 program in Windows 10 with a vendor license code. I fully uninstalled this program using Add/Delete in control panel. Then installed another TurboTax program one with a different vendor license code. This second installation never asked for a license...
  5. Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs: Re Win version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 Is it safe to remove the ProgramData folder for an application long ago uninstalled, e.g., McAfee? Thanks for your advice! 157005
  6. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  7. Add or remove programs crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add or remove programs crash: Add or Remove Programs crashes to desktop every time I launch it. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task>...
  8. want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program: while I was installing and uninstalling camtasia software there was a problem that prevents me from uninstalling first the program. then remove it and when i want to setup it again, error code 350...
  9. Add Remove Programs

Add Remove Programs: I have access to the CP but when I click on add remove programs and try to remove one, I am redirected right back to the desktop. This type of Bug should have been solved months ago, oh wait It worked months ago but now 2 days from launch and it doesn't. 9113
  10. Add/Remove Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Add/Remove Programs: Hello, Where is that listing, that W7 had, to easily remove installed programs ? Was called Add/Remove Want to get rid of the McAfee anti virus that came with the brand new PC I now have. And, if I plug in an external HD, how do I access it/switch to it, to use ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add on to program keeping me from uninstalling